Postby beck » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:50 pm

Reliability: 9/10
Absorbancy: 9/10
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 8/10
Slimness: 7/10
Value for money: 8/10

Overall Comment: Fabulous!

Detailed Comments: These Pocket nappies are so cute! I have a funtime Care Bears print and its gorgeous, it is a btp and it was a little bit bulky on Phebie (4 months) but it doesn't bother me I love the big cloth bum look, and its a real show off nappy (she wears it when shes in a dress) and I got so many comments about how cute it is.

My avatar
lilylover
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby lilylover » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:15 am

Reliability:9/10
Absorbancy:9/10
Drying Speed: 9/10
Slimness:8/10
Value for money:8/10

Overall comment: Fantastic!

We only just recently got this nappy and I am impressed. The fit is great and the patterns are just sooo cute! It is super absorbant, probably my most absorbant pocket. These are definetly worth a try.

Sam...

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed May 30, 2007 6:43 pm

Reliability:9/10
Absorbancy:8/10
Cuteness: 9/10
Drying Speed: 9/10
Slimness:8/10
Value for money:8/10

Overall comment: Fabbo

I love my new Green Kids and have order a couple more. They are a great design and I can't believe they are btp but Beck used them from 4 months so that is good as Charlotte is now 13 months and they fit her wonderfully.
Just a shame they are Australian - need someone to make them here.

Annette

My avatar
EeeGee1610
Clothie
Clothie

Re: GREEN KIDS - REVIEW

Postby EeeGee1610 » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:30 pm

GreenKids ANYTIME

Reliability: 10/10 - great! Even held in an overnight poo bomb! LOL!
Absorbancy: 9/10 - took everything Penny had, and now at 20 months she holds most of her wee for overnight!
Cuteness: 9/10 - I think they're all cute!
Drying Speed: 9/10 - have knocked a point off as the bamboo inserts take a smidge longer to dry than everything else.
Slimness: 9/10 - I'm using them as a night nappy and have boosted them to within an inch of their life and they're STILL not mega bulky!
Value for money: 10/10 - worth their weight in gold for me so far!

Overall Comment: SUPERB NAPPY!

Okay, so I have been trying to get Penny's night time bum sorted for ages - well 17 months now. Have tried two parters in just about every combination going with no success - never thought to give a pocket a go! Someone suggested GreenKids Anytimes and they are FABULOUS!!! Not bulky, look good, and so far so wonderful!! Could it be I've managed to suss it at last? Plus, as they are literally an "anytime" nappy, they're great for just increasing the stash for when Penny is potty trained and number two comes along!

Must get some more asap!!!

My avatar
vonandiz
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Green Kids - Review

Postby vonandiz » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:07 pm

Greenkids Anytimes with Bamboo/Hemp Booster.

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: 10/10
Cuteness: 8/10
Drying Speed: 8 /10
Slimness: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall Comment: The perfect pocket.

Detailed Comments: Greenkids Anytime are by far the best everyday pocket nappy I have found. The fit is fantastic - I have no idea how they fit different sized babies without adjusting the rise but they do. They wash beautifully and after months of use the aplix is still sticky and the nappy outers are still bright and bobble free. Combined with the GK inserts, these are exceedingly absorbent and can contain even the most explosive poo. Colours are bright and cheerful. An all round fantastic nappy.

My avatar
sammijayne
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sammijayne » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Size os

Reliability:10
Absorbancy: 10
Cuteness: 10
Drying Speed: 6
Slimness: 8
Value for money:10

Overall Comment: *
Fabulous!

Detailed Comments:
im a massive Gk fan! the only downside is the bamboo inserts witch do take a while to dry, but they are so absorbant when on i wouldnt complain at all! they dont come up for sale very often and i assume thats because they are so good! if i could afford my entire collectiopn to be GK it would be! they look so cute and have a brilliant fit, and you can feel the quility of the nappy, they are well made and sturdy! i cant praise them enough

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:47 pm

Manufacturer: Green kids
Nappy Name: anytime,funtimes,minkytimes
Type of Nappy: Pocket
Fastener: aplix
Material: fleece inner, PUL with different outers
Size: One size

Absorbency: N/A
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: 9/10

Overall Comment: Highly recommended

Comments:

This OS nappy is a fabulous fit on ds. There are lots of different outers to choose from. They range from the plain coloured anytimes which are the most reliable, to the funtimes which have lovely prints and the minkytimes which have a minkee outer and are apparently good or overnight (i have never tried this though).

Positives:
A lovely nappy with so many different outers to choose from that even if you only used GK nappies I doubt you would get bored with them lol. It is as absorbant as the stuffing you use and they have proved very reliable for ds. The pocket is nice and wide so very easy to stuff and can fit quite a lot in if you need it to. They usually dry in a day, I am usually waiting for inserts to dry long after these are ready to use again. They haven't stained at all yet either, even with horrible teething poo's. I have found them to be a fabulous fit and they don't leave any red marks on ds's thighs. Very very easy to use that I use when I know he might be changed by grandparents or the like as you just can't put them on wrong.
Negatives:
They only come with an aplix fastening and I would love to see them with a poppered fastening option too as ds can take them off if he wants too. The aplix is rather easy for him to undo. The funtimes and minkytimes don't last as long as the anytimes do which is a shame. They work just as well but I have to change ds a bit more frequently if he has one of those on. This is due to the outers and they do state this.

Overall:
A fab nappy with such a variety to choose from. So easy to put on and use. A good staple nappy in my stash.

My avatar
purplehearts
Clothie
Clothie

Postby purplehearts » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:03 am

Greenkids
Anytimes
Pocket nappy
Aplix
PUL outer
One-size

Absorbancy: 10/10 (with the GreenKids inserts)
Cuteness: 9/10 for the Anytimes, 10/10 for Minkytimes
Drying Speed: 10/10 for the outer, 6/10 for bamboo insert, 7/10 for the hemp insert
Slimness: 8/10 - although depends on age of child wearing

Overall Comment:
Fabulous!

Detailed Comments:
Positives:
Where to start? I love these nappies!
I have tried a variety of pocket and fitted nappies, but GKs have fast become my nappy of choice for the daytime, as they're just so reliable.
They're also surprisingly good for nighttime use. My son is a heavy wetter, and I had been using sposies in the night as I couldn't find a cloth nappy to cope (not that sposies were much better, they were always soaking wet in the morning and frequently leaked onto bedding!).
Last night, I decided to give GKs a shot, and boosted them with a couple of additional (thin) layers of hemp and microfibre. I am pleased, and stunned, to report that they lasted a full 12 hours! Although the inserts were soaking wet, there were no leaks, and the outer and inner were both dry. My son also got a great night's sleep - which means I got a great night's sleep too! :wine:
The inserts that go with these nappies are, in my opinion, the best on the market and I've bought some for all my pocket nappies. They work particuarly well with a layer of microfibre over the top.
Anytimes are not the cutest nappies available (unlike the Funtimes - which are less reliable but come in some nice prints - or the Minkytimes which are gorgeous), but they do come in a nice range of colours and I think they're attractive in a functional kind of way.
They also stay looking fabulous for a long time - mine still look as good as new, despite them mostly being preloved. This is in sharp contrast to my BumGenius nappies which are already looking tatty despite being bought new and recently.
Another plus is that I've also found that I genuinely don't need a nappy liner with GKs - with an extra cold rinse in the machine the poo stains come right out, and the lining does a great job of keeping my son's bum dry.
GKs are aplix fastening which might be a negative for some people but I find this helps give a great fit and avoids the issue of being 'in-between sizes' that you often get with BTP nappies. On an older child, they give a nice trim fit.

Negatives:
GKs are advertised as being Birth to Potty, but the only way of adjusting the rise is by folding it over - no poppers - and I think they would be super bulky on a young baby - although I will test that statement when DS number 3 arrives!
Being bamboo/hemp, the inserts do take a little while to dry, but they are designed so you can flap them out to speed things up a bit. The bamboo takes significantly longer than the hemp - which is to be expected as the bamboo inserts are a fair bit more absorbant. The care instructions state you can tumble dry the bamboo inserts on a low/medium heat, but having tried this, I wouldn't recommend it! I had the inserts in the dryer for several hours, and they were still nowhere near dry. I took them out to dry on a clothes airer, and they didn't dry any more quickly than if I'd put them on the airer straight out of the machine. So attempting to tumble dry these inserts could be very time consuming, not to mention expensive!
I've got around the drying issue by buying loads of preloved GK inserts so I always have some dry - the covers are literally dry straight out of the machine so I'm never short of nappies.
I haven't used the Funtimes - even the Manufacturer advises that these are significantly less reliable than the other GK nappies. Personally, I don't think the added cuteness is worth it for the loss of reliability.

EDITED TO ADD:
I have just ordered lots of new GK Anytimes and Minkytimes - and having seen a much wider range of colours/styles, I think I they definitely deserve more 'cuteness' points!
Here are some of the nappies I was delighted to receive this morning:
(Excuse the rubbish pic - It was the first picture taken with a new camera!)
Before now, I only had a handful of Sage coloured nappies, and the promotional pictures of GK nappies really don't do the gorgeous vibrant colours justice.
The Minkytimes are also lovely - I have Cobalt blue and Forest Green. The Cobalt blue seems to be made of a different type of minky to the Forest Green one- it's much fluffier and furrier - so strokeable! The colours are more interesting on the Forest Green but the minky isn't quite as plush, although it is still lovely and soft.
So, a nappy that's gorgeous AND practical - I think I've found 'the one'!

Return to Pockets and AIO or AI2 Reviews