Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Tots Bots Easyfit Brights

Postby fivefourfour » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:40 pm

Manufacturer: Tots Bots
Nappy Name: Easyfit Bright
Type of Nappy: AIO with pocket
Fastener: Applix
Material: Bamboo, bamboo/microterry and PUL)
Size: One size (7-35lbs)

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: 10/10
Cuteness: 8/10
Drying Speed: 8/10
Slimness: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall Comment:
Fabulous!

Detailed Comments:
I think these are fabulous nappies. They were made for the US market and were released after the UK V1s and before the UK V2s. They are bamboo with bamboo/microterry insides. They are a brilliant nappy, and the five pack is very handy. Great for a nappy to leave in the car, or at grandparents/nursary/childminders in case of emergancies. The inner material is lovely and soft and the applix is good quality, well secured and easy to use. I have no hesitation in recommending them to both first-time washable users and experienced clothies alike.

Reliability - We haven't had any leak issues with these - the gusset is really secure and the fit is great (M is 18 months and long and skinny, she is on the middle rise setting). She has had diorreah in them, and it handled the resulting ickyness with no problems.

Absorbancy - I was a bit worried she would flood the nappy as she has with some other nappies with the same fabric combo, but it can handle her heavy wees. It has gone for 7 hours at a party and I have used the nappy overnight with just one additional booster.

Cuteness - The PUL is not as soft as the UK V2, and although I love the 5 bright colours (red, yellow, turquoise, green and orange with co-ordinating boosters), they are not as cute as the UK V2 prints, and have less of a show-off element to them!

Slimness - Not as slim as the UK V2, but still one of the best nappies we have for slimness. M wears hers under leggings and slim fitting clothes (she wears 12-18 months at the moment) and it doesn't look much bulkier than a fresh disposable.

Value for money - Don't know how much they retail at in the States, but the offer available from bargainbots on ebay is fantastic - less than £40 for five nappies and boosters, posted. I can't see any faults with mine, so they really are excellent.

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Tots Bots Easyfit Brights

Postby megansmummy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:34 am

Reliability: I really dont know how to rate this
Absorbancy: I really dont know how to rate this
Drying Speed: 8/10
Slimness: depending on what you need to boost with...for us it was 5/10
Value for money: If they work for you then fab value! 10/10/ For us not so...

Overall comments~
dissapointed :(

I bught 20 of these off Ebay when tots were selling their seconds on there, and I was really pleased with them for the first week or so...but then the wicking started and it carried on :( My normally light-moderate wetter was leaking in these after an hour or so (we use preolfds at the moment and he can go 3 hours in a regular tri folded cotton prefold and PUL cover). I tried boosting them with an EP hemp, bamboo, prefolds etc but they just wicked all the time. The coloured outter would be wet within an hour no matter what I stuffed with. I have since passed them all on. We dont use pockets/AIOs normally and so i have just accepted that perhaps Kieren doesnt get on with them :(

The seconds quality was very good, most of them just had a 'off' label which had a slit down the middle, the stitching was all fine etc...

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Tots Bots Easyfit Brights

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:49 am

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: 9/10
Drying Speed: 7/10
Slimness: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall comments- We love the easyfit brights! They are one of our most reliable nappies at the moment. I bought 8 for a bargain price off ebay and I am not dissapointed at all with them.

Ours have been on 5+ hours with no leaks and have stood up very well to runnt poo as well. They wash well and dry easily and quite quickly as the insert folds out. Applix is good quality and the laundry tabs work well, so no nappy chains out of the machine.

Brilliant nappy and will definitely last to potty training as well as they fit my 4 year old who is around average weight and 75th for height. At 23lb my son has them on the middle rise with room to grow.

Return to Pockets and AIO or AI2 Reviews