Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

The Cat's Meow AI2

Postby fivefourfour » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:28 pm

Manufacturer - The Cat'w Meow
Nappy Name - All in
Type of Nappy - All in Two
Fastener - Poppers
Materials: Polyurethane laminate outer, your choice of fabrics for inners (ocv, obv or bh)
Size: small, medium or large.
Price: start at $12 (around £9) plus shipping

Reliability: 8/10
Absorbancy: 8/10
Cuteness: 9/10
Drying Speed: 8/10
Slimness: 7/10
Value for money: 9/10

Overall Comment: Very impressed, well worth a try!

Jennifer at The Cat's Meow was very helpful (helping match colours and even tea dying the ocv I chose) and very fast - the nappies arrived after just 10 days after I ordered them.

They are much puffier than the AI2s I am used to, so they look more like a fitted with a wrap over (they reminded me of the fluffles and wraps we used to use). They are also more tapered than normal (a common feature of US nappies) so the nappy is wider at the back of the leg than the front - they are very slim between the legs. The rise is good, not quite as high as we are used to, but suits the shape of the nappy. The sizes seem generous - Moo should fit the large for at least another year, so these should last easily to potty training. I would think they would be good for those with large babies (especially chunky legs!).

They are very absorbant, and although they are not the slimmest fitting nappies, they fit nicely under trousers she has worn with the nappy so far. They took a little while to dry, but there was no stiffness to the fabrics (despite them being on the radiator).

The range of fabrics is good, and Jennifer also makes wool soakers/shoties/skirtis etc, clothes and accesories to match your nappies, as well as slings and other items.

I'm not sure I'll order more of these at this time, but if we are lucky enough to have more kids, I will order some fitteds from the store, and maybe just one more of these! :babyroll:

My avatar
scarlet
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: The Cat's Meow AI2

Postby scarlet » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:32 pm

Pics please!

Return to Pockets and AIO or AI2 Reviews