hf1

Fuzzi bunz review

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Fuzzi bunz review

Postby megansmummy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:02 pm

Reliability: 8/10 (depending on stuffing)
Absorbancy: 8/10 (depending on stuffing)
Cuteness: 6/10
Drying Speed: 8/10
Slimness: 8/10
Value for money: 7/10

Overall Comment: Change bag nappy.

Detailed Comments:
I never really liked the fit of these on my daughter and I dont like them now on my son either, depending on the stuffing one will last 3 hours which is great but i just dont love this nappy and dont really have much to say about it :oops: Nice colour/print options for a pocket nappy :)

My avatar
clarge
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clarge » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:44 pm

Reliability: 9/10
Absorbancy: 3/10
Cuteness: 2/10
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: 5/10
Value for money: 6/10

Overall Comment: Recommended

Detailed Comments:
I use these nappies for when i need to use a lot of stuffing.... The pocket is huge and you can get loads in there. I like the leg adjusting poppers too as DS is skinny so need to adjust a lot on him. I dont use them generally as i find them a bit bulky under clothes and the standard MF inserts are useless for a 14 month old, last about half hour. They are a good standby nappy or for long periods.

My avatar
FUZZIFAN
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby FUZZIFAN » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:23 pm

Reliability: 9
Absorbancy: 9
Cuteness: 8
Drying Speed: 10
Slimness: 10
Value for money: 8

Overall: Super nappy, highly recommend

Where to begin with these... Well as you can see I'm a 'fuzzifan'! That said they haven't always worked for us. When my son was in nappies he only ever had medium and petite toddler sized fuzzi's right up till he pt'd. My daughter then moved into them but has recently changed shaped and out wee'd them. They are very trim (I used a wonderfull's hemp insert inside) go well under clothes. With the wonderfulls hemp inserts I found them incredibly reliable and absorbant. They are very easy to use and are ideal for ppl new to cloth or nurserys, grandparents, childminders etc that aren't used to cloth. Easy to pre-prepare and use out and about. I loved that I could change my toddlers nappy stood up as neither of mine like/d lying down and there are some places where you wouldn't want to lay them down! :puke:. They wash up really well and being a pocket are dry in no time (obviously insert drying times differ). The only difficulty I found on occassion was when both of my children changed shape the legs where slightly wide/gape. With my son this didn't seem to matter and he kept the wee in, with my daughter it was straight out the side door! Both of my children are very slim so I'm thinking this is the problem, once they changed from baby to toddler shape. So I think I would say if you have an average size baby/toddler they should work very well for you (or a slim boy). There are prettier nappies out there but the choice of colours is huge and I enjoyed matching up to the clothes they were wearing (khaki with green combats, navy with jeans etc) and you can get some lovely patterened ones now which are so cute under skirts for girls. Price wise I think they are reasonably priced.

My avatar
sammijayne
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby sammijayne » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:15 pm

Size os

Reliability: 10
Absorbancy: 9
Cuteness: 7
Value for money:7

Overall Comment: *
Fabulous!

Detailed Comments:
these are the ones i always reach for. really reliable and i do get a good fit where you can ajust the waist and legs seperatle, however the leg poppers do sometimes dig in even on the L, that bit seems to droop down so i dont see it untill i take the nappy off. the MF inserts are not enough on their own so i put one over a GK witch are always perfect

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:05 pm

Reliability: 10
Absorbancy: 10
Value for money: 8

Overall: Fabulous!

I've used Fuzzis from the start, using the thick microfibre insert included with the nappy, and using an Easy Peasy hemp booster under that.
They're fantastic in my opinion. They have never leaked, even if the boosters have been sopping wet. The shape is great - lots of room for stuffing with a wide crotch, great for heavy wetters. No leg gape when highly stuffed. Have used them at night too, with great success.
They're relatively cheap, readily available (unlike custom nappies!), include a good mf booster, and suit a wide range of sizes.
Definitely worth trying!!

My avatar
moonlily
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby moonlily » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:32 pm

Reliability: 7/8
Absorbancy: 8
Value for money: 10

Overall: love love love my fuzzis!!!!

yes i love these nappies they were the first pockets we tried and were a resounding sucess!!! i must admit i prefer the patterned ones to the plain !! but they are a fab nappy easy to stuff and boost and soooo quick to dry!! ive had a couple of leaks and dont tend to use them for long outings but great under clothes and slim fitting trousers.
you can pick them up for peanuts preowned too so a great nappy to try when starting out and if for some strange reason you dont get on with it youve not lost much and theyre easy to sell on

My avatar
pobble
Clothie
Clothie

Postby pobble » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:32 pm

Reliability: 8/10
Absorbancy: 7/10
Cuteness: 7/10
Slimness: 6/10
Value for money: 8/10

I tried a few pockets and Fuzzis were the only ones I stuck with. They give the best fit (thanks to the two rows of poppers, making it easy for me to adjust for my girl's very slim waist) and have lots of room for extra inserts. I see another reviewer says the opposite, which is very confusing to me! Claudia is a power wetter so I always use two fat cotton/microterry inserts, plus an extra layer of hemp or bamboo for overnight. These fit very comfortably but do of course make for quite a chunky nappy. Still, slimmer pockets just didn't do the job for us.

Absorbency and drying speed will of course depend on the inserts you use - the original Fuzzi inserts are basic microterry and only ok on the absorbency front (which is why I double up), but they do dry very fast, as do the outers. Some lovely colours are available (I'm particularly keen on the daisy/pink gingham print). As long as we're using enough stuffing, we've found these pretty reliable; not 100% bombproof but very good. A solid investment.

My avatar
mrspumpkin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby mrspumpkin » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:39 pm

Reliability: 8/10
Absorbancy:8/10
Cuteness: 8/10
Slimness: 9/10
Value for money: 8/10

Overall comment: highly recommended

i think these are my second favourite nappy. slim fitting, absorbant. i usually stuff my with a bamboo booster and a prefold.i have size large for my son which fit him well with plenty of growing room. we use them as night nappies. i get occassional leaks but i suspect that's because they are so old now, well used and well loved

Previous

Return to Pockets and AIO or AI2 Reviews