Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Coolababy AIO

Postby smilinglou » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:24 pm

Manufacturer: Coolababy from Ebay?
Nappy Name: Coolababy
Type of Nappy: All in one
Fastener: Poppers
Material: 100% polyester, PUL, fleece inner, 3 layers of microfibre and inner fleece
Size: One size/BTP

Reliability: 9/10
Absorbency: 8/10
Cuteness: 9/10
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: 10/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall Comment:
Recommended

Detailed Comments:
I bought ours preloved from here as I wanted to simplify my stash into all in ones to save sorting through inserts. I was intrigued as I have the Coolababy Pockets and knew they were cheap yet reliable and good fitting nappies. When I first received the nappy it felt very thin, the Ebay listing says it has 3 layers of microfibre with inner fleece, I was sceptical and even complained to dh :giggle: . When I first tried the nappy I was very pleased with the way it went on, the poppers were easy and the nappy seemed to stretch and fit so easily around my wriggling little one, I was very pleased with how slim it was, under her clothes she looked like she was wearing a disposable and this is one of the best points about this especially combined with the other positives below.
So, so far I was very pleased but from then on I expected to find the downfalls but....this nappy lasted over 3 hours in the day (maybe more I can't remember)! I'd forgotten to check it and I had one of those 'oh no will this be a nappy disaster' moments but her clothes weren't damp and the nappy had absorbed very well, there was no wicking but I could tell the nappy was soaked, her bum wasn't too damp either.
The only problem I've had was the nappy wicked when the clothes were too tight but just that one time, this rarely happens with any of our nappies so possibly these nappies are more prone to this, they are more 'squidgy', soft and thin than other aio's, but really that's a total guess as I've not had any more problems like that with these and those clothes were too tight for cloth.
I love these nappies for the couple of hours in the evening where I want something quick that isn't wasted on a short time of wearing, but also they are so slim and easy I'd use them anytime!
I've given them a 10/10 for drying time as the drying is amazingly quick for an all in one, and an 8/10 for absorbancy as they are a thin nappy with a small amount microfibre, which for many isn't suitable but please bare in mind my lo is a heavy wetter who is teething and she does well in these.

My avatar
little1
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Coolababy AIO

Postby little1 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:51 pm

I love these too, just as slim as an easyfit V2 but poppers and a third of the price!

Only thing i found was they didn't fit DD til she was 5 months (15lb) but loads of rise to spare and they fit my 3.5 y.o niece (she's PT but wanted to try one :giggle: )

DD is on full rise for BG V3's but smallest setting for these :wine:

Return to Pockets and AIO or AI2 Reviews