Size Birth to potty

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: N/A
Cuteness: mark out of 7/10
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10

Overall Comment: Highly Recommended!

Detailed Comments: i love this nappy - in fact i bought it in plain white for that "fresh nappy" look and its great! i used a wonderfulls microfibre insert in it, and it lasted 4 hours until DD pooed! contained explosive poo well. i often remove the insert to wash and air the outer nappy for a few hours so i can put in another insert and use it again! good value this way :) and very soft and leaving no red marks. the only negative i have is that it seems bulky between the legs, but this doesnt seem to be a problem. a good alternative to BGs i you prefer poppers.

xx

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Wonderoo

Postby Frances » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:00 pm

Manufacturer - Hip Hip Baby
Nappy Name - Wonderoo BTP
Type of Nappy - Pocket
Fastener - Poppers
Material Polyurethane laminate, lined with microfleece
Size Birth to potty

Absorbancy: 9/10 (with their micro-terry or hemp inserts)
Cuteness: 7/10
Slimness: 8/10
Value for money: 9/10

Fantastic nappy. Relatively slim (compared to two-part nappies), last for 3 hours on my heavy-wetting daughter, and dry really quickly. A little bulky around the waist, but she's only 4 months, so will get better as she gets older. Love them!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:40 am

Manufacturer - Hip Hip Baby
Nappy Name - Wonderoo BTP
Type of Nappy - Pocket
Fastener - Poppers
Material Polyurethane laminate, lined with microfleece
Size Birth to potty

Reliability: 8/10
Cuteness: mark out of 6/10
Slimness: 7/10
Value for money: 7/10

Overall Comment: Mixed bag

Detailed Comments: These are a Birth To Potty nappy, and this is what steered me towards buying these when dd was about 8 months old. But, at that time I found them quite bulky between her legs, and even though they were extremly reliable, the fit did put me off them. Once she was bigger I found them to be a great nappy, very reliable providing I use a hemp booster along with the Wonderful MF inserts, otherwise I find that they can wick. They arent the cutest nappy, no patterns and they can look quite untidy when they are buttoned down to the smaller sizes, but they have about 20 different colours, brights and pastels which are nice. I do have to say that the materials used are top quality and mine all look as good as new, the colours themselves havent faded at all and even the microfibre hasnt discoloured or balled like some pockets do. They dry overnight on an airer and are a relatively slim nappy on an older child. Not expensive for a birth to potty option, but I dont think I would use them on a newborn or a small child as I prefer a slimmer crotched nappy.

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:19 pm

Reliability: 9
Cuteness: 4
Drying Speed: 10
Slimness: 7
Value for money: 7

Overall comment: Change bag nappy.

I found the Wonderoo to be a very reliable nappy when used with the Wonderfull inserts, we never had any leaks. However, I didn't like the fit of the nappy. I found it very bulky between the legs, even on an older child. It never looked a nice neat fit. I wouldn't use it on a young baby, and it was one of least reached for for my toddler.

My avatar
2climbingboys
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby 2climbingboys » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:17 am

Absorbancy: 7/10 (with their micro-terry or hemp inserts)
Slimness: 7/10 with their micro-terry inserts, 10/10 with their hemp inserts

A very reliable nappy on chunky-bummed Blake. I particularly like the Royal Blue, Seaspray and Orange. I have added extra stuffing (easy peast hemp inserts) and they have lasted overnight. I have bought these quite cheaply pre-loved (£6 including both inserts & postage), so they don't seem to have have a great re-sale value if you are planning to buy them new. They are still even a nice fit on 35lb Toby.

They are poppers, which is a bonus as I dislike aplix (as it catches things in the wash and can get less sticky).

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:56 pm

Reliability: 8/10 (depending on stuffing)
Absorbancy: 8/10 (depending on stuffing)
Cuteness: 8/10
Drying Speed: 9/10

Overall Comment: Change bag nappy

Detailed Comments:
I bought 5 of these, i love the colour choices and the offers that they had on babykind when i bought them!! :mrgreen: However I didnt really like the fit of the nappy on my daughter or my son, they always looked 'baggy' in the crotch and i just didnt like them. Absorabncy and reliability really depend on what you have stuffed them with, i tried prefolds, MF, MF and Hemp, MF and bamboo, bamboo and hemp but we always got some kind of wicking around the legs if left longer than 2.5 to 3 hours but thats not necessarliy the fault of the nappy...perhaps I just never stuffed them right!!

My avatar
LissaBee
Clothie
Clothie

Postby LissaBee » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:47 pm

Wonderoos by Hip Hip Baby!

Reliability: 9/10 (with both "Wonderfulls" inserts)
Absorbancy: 9/10 (with both "Wonderfulls" inserts)
Drying Speed: 8/10 (Inserts take longer to dry, but the outer dries pretty fast)
Slimness: 6/10 (with both "Wonderfulls" inserts)

Overall Comment: Recommended

Detailed Comments:
I bought 5 of these, 3 were NWOT from someone who said they were never used, and 2 were preloved. They were a steal on eBay. I like the colours, and they seem very soft. The "Wonderfulls" inserts that came with them are nice and fluffy, but that seems to make the nappy bulky. They are also very wide in the crotch, so overall they are bulkier than the other pockets we have. We decided to use these with both wonderfulls inserts snapped together as our night-time nappy, and have never had a leak overnight. So I think these are really great, and am very happy I decided to buy them, but they are best as a Night-time Nappy.

My avatar
alemum
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby alemum » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:46 pm

as I may have mentioned one or twice :oops: these are my fav nappies in the whole wide fluffy world, and whats more with V2 which I have got as an official tester :mrgreen: the bulkiness has been reduced massively, as soon as I have tested it enough I will give it a review :wink: and I have a secret that I am desperate to tell someone.......

My avatar
RainbowsButterflies
Clothie
Clothie

Postby RainbowsButterflies » Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:17 pm

Wonderoos v2 by Hip Hip Baby!

Reliability: 9/10
Absorbancy: 9/10
Drying Speed: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10

Overall Comment: Recommended

Detailed Comments:
I recently received one of these as a tester, in the pretty Seaspray colourway, and have tried it out on both DD (2.5, 29lb, large setting) and DS (9 months, 18lb, medium setting). I'm very impressed with the absorbancy - DD is a heavy wetter and it could have lasted longer than the 3.5 hours I left it on for. It also coped with one of DS' impressive teething poos with no leaks.
The fit is trim even with both parts to the insert, and I particularly like the way that the smaller insert can be poppered either to the front for a boy or the centre for a girl.

Next

Return to Pockets and AIO or AI2 Reviews