Postby alemum » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:24 am

Wonderoo V2 review:
Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: 10/10
Cuteness: 9/10
Drying Speed: 8/10
Slimness: 8/10
Value for money: 9/10

So first time use they went on Aaron who is now about 24lbs just over 1 year old. Straight away you can see a big difference in sizing and the trimming, its not the actual size of the nappy but the reduced use of the fabric at the front of it which has changed. In general it has been reduce, the length and width are a little shorter and the tabs are about 1cm shorter. It looks just a little bigger sized as the medium fuzzi bunz.
The elastic is lot closer to the edge of the nappy which of course is a good thing and after about a million stretchy pulls at the elastic I am satisfied that it’s tuff enough to last but not tough that its going to rub or leave marks, just right for older and smaller children.
The inserts OMG they are lovely and sooo different form the V1 inserts, as great as they were, they are too bulky. Now we have a bamboo square that folds in over three times and then pops together and threes an hour glass shape micro insert thats more fluffly then than microterry. The micro insert is popped to the folded bamboo square, but whats really clever (for the daddies) is where the bamboo and micro insert attach together you have pink popper and lower down a blue popper, not just colourful poppers but to show the not so clever the best option to fit a girl and the best option to fit a boy. We decided to use just the bamboo insert and it worked really well, no leaks so we decided to try this for night time and OMG 12 hours later and still no leaks!!!
I was a bit worried if this would still work as great on my daughter Aleysha who is almost three, and hates nappies but all in the name of research, it fits really well on her she is quite tall so was worried about the rise up the back, but it fitted nicely, she couldn’t pull the poppers off when she wanted to go potty, but not too bad I guess as little fingers pulling nappies of isn’t always a great idea J
The drying time, no problem, the bamboo obviously takes a little longer to dry than the old micro inserts but not as long as I thought it would, and the nappie over the stairs rail dried in really quick.
Oh also noticed on the instructions (like I really need them) that the pul is “new anti-wicking technology” not sure what this meant or the point of it, but have since realised if you pour some water over the pul it just runs off, so I am guessing if there’s a leak then the pul wont get wet stopping the leak going further than the inner fleece.
So overall a fantastic nappy, it’s extremely light, soft, pleasing to the touch, comfortable, highly absorbent and quick drying…. would like to see a few more colours though and very happy that my favourite nappy has changed but not changed to much.....

My avatar
mummymunchkin
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Wonderoo V2

Postby mummymunchkin » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:17 pm

Reliability: 8/10
Absorbancy: 8/10
Cuteness: 8/10
Drying Speed: 6/10
Slimness: 3/10
Value for money: 8/10

I liked the Wonderoo V1 and it was one of the only pockets we could use at night with our first child. The V2 is ok too, but im just not sure how I feel about the new bamboo inserts design. I can see the benefit in terms of added absorbency but makes an already bulky nappy even more so, and obviously impacts on the drying speed as well.

Maybe its just me but i cant see that much difference between the shape of the V1 and V2 of the actual nappy part- I am under the impression it is meant to be a trimmer cut but I cant see that much difference. As I said I always liked the cut of the V1 anyway.

We dont find we can use these for nights for our super soaker, but can always rely on them for longer day periods and I dont recall ever having a leak.

Not the first nappy I reach for, but not the last either.

My avatar
herbina
Clothie
Clothie

Re: Wonderoo V2

Postby herbina » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:24 am

Reliability: 10/10
Absorbancy: 10/10
Cuteness: 9/10
Drying Speed: 7/10
Slimness: 7/10
Value for money: 8/10

I have one of these in flower minky. It looks very cute and holds very well, we have never had a leak with this and I'm not even using the microfiber insert, only the bamboo one. I should dare trying this overnight (with both inserts), but maybe after DD has stopped eating during nights. Atm she's outweeing almost any nappy other than sposies or HL BB+. The bamboo insert takes quite a long time to dry (longer than Itti Bitti's inserts for example) but it's not a problem for me since we have large enough nappy stash. The poppers are much tighter than on other nappies I have. It's not the slimmest nappy if you compare it to Bitti D'lish SIO for instance, but since the bamboo insert is very soft an flexible and we're not using the mf one it's not too bulky between legs.

Return to Pockets and AIO or AI2 Reviews