hf1

REVIEW Pumpkin Pants Fleece Soakers

Do Flongies leave your dc with damp legs or dry legs overnight??

damp
20%
dry
80%
snuggly
No votes

Total votes : 5
My avatar
Vicki
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

REVIEW Pumpkin Pants Fleece Soakers

Postby Vicki » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:12 pm

Reliability: 9/10
Absorbancy: n/a
Cuteness: 9/10
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: 7/10
Value for money: 10/10

Overall Comment: I am converted to fleece overnight

Detailed Comments:

After 8 years of using cloth nappies on stan, Ted and Ernie and forever struggling with night nappies, I found fleece soakers - I can't believe I was so sceptical of their powers :oops:. I am totally converted by them and it is my new obsession :giggle:

I tried the bebesnuggles and totsbots ones first and they were good too but the Pumpkin Pants ones have a larger area covered in the double layer of fleece and are slimmer around the waist band so don't gape so much and seem to last longer.

I like that they are pull up rather than velcro closing as I can get pyjamas on before he has pulled his nappy off! :babyroll:

I have given them 7/10 for slimness as the larger bottom double area makes them more bulky than a PUL cover overnight. I also love having the fleece next to Ernie's skin rather than the binding on PUL covers which seemed to mark his legs by the morning. They are so much softer overall and wash and dry brilliantly.

Cost wise they are so much cheaper than PUL and having bought so many Pul covers to try at night, it was a relief to find a cover that was reasonable and worked. I had also bought lots of different night nappies to try but none of them seemed to work until I put the fleece over them :oops: :giggle: :giggle:

We wear pockets during the day so no need for the fleece soakers - so have managed to get by on 4 in total.

I also like the variety of patterns available in fleece and chose him the sharks one as it was super cute.

My next fleece thing to tackle is a pair of flongies which are on their way! I am hoping he will have nice snuggly legs for the winter ... and hoping he won't just have damp feeling legs!!

One thing I have noticed is that I need to change Ernie as soon as he wakes up as if he sits in his overnight nappy & soaker, it soaks through quickly! :giggle: I suppose its the pressure thing, but took me a few days to realise what was happening as he woke up dry and then within 15 mins he had wet pjs!

My avatar
Katielou
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: REVIEW Pumpkin Pants Fleece Soakers

Postby Katielou » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:29 am

Manufacturer:Pumkin pants
Nappy Name:Fleece soaker
Type of Nappy: Above
Fastener: none, pull on
Material: fleece
Size: Medium and large used

Reliability: 9/10
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: 6/10
Value for money: 9/10

Overall comment:
Highly recommend

Detailed Comments:
Excellent very effective comfortable cute and cheap

Pros
Look so comfortable
Breathable
Cheap
Lovely prints patterns
Amazingly Quick to dry but can be tumbles also
Have kept clothes dry very well even though baby does move much haven't had compression problems maybey due to double layer
Washing is a breeze can go in with anything I've put it in with washes with softner and not experience any problem so don't need many

Cons
Sizing a bit small I think especially if using over night nappies would like longer rise
Due to no elastic which I like there can be poo leaks, think makes them better suited over fitteds than terrys imo

Return to Wraps and Other Cloth Nappy Accessory Reviews