Absorbancy: n/a
Cuteness: 6/10
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: 10/10
Value for money: 8/10

Overall Comment:
Change bag nappy!

Detailed Comments:
I bought the flip wrap off of Baba me as I'd seen them floating around the web and wanted to try them to see how they stood up against the poppered wraps. I'm pretty much a BG groupie and have loved the majority of their products and find them very reliable.

I've tried this wrap with both the organic and the stay dry inserts and have had no problems, I've also tried it over a bamboozle stretchy and a weehuggers insert teamed with an EP hemp insert lined with fleece, again no problems. It fits really well and I've had it poppered down the lowest setting despite my LO being over the sizing guidelines for this one.

Containment wise, my LO has thrown quite a number of poonamis at this thing and it has stood up pretty well. He'd just had his last set of jabs and to be quite honest I was surprised that it didn't leak. On an additional note, they wash really well.

In comparision to the poppers, I must admit that I do like the applix a lot better. It's a lot less fiddly to put on and the adjustability seems to be a lot better. I sometimes find with my poppers that it's either a tad too tight or I end up with one side looser than the other around the legs which is annoying. Also my popper phobic partner hasn't complained about it, so really I consider it a win.

Cuteness Factor, well there are brighter and more funky wraps out there but flips do come in a variety of colours so there is something there for everybody (although I wish they did a red one).

Value for money wise I think they are good, you can use flips with a variety of different inserts and prefolds and they are very generous with their sizing so I think you can get a lot more use out of these wraps over others such as Motherease which are about a pound cheaper but sized.

Overall I would recomend the applix wrap, I seem to be reaching for it a lot more than I do my poppers and it's one of the first things I reach for when I've done the nappy wash and it always seems to end up in my changing bag, I tend to only put my showing off nappies in there. :hohoho:

Return to Wraps and Other Cloth Nappy Accessory Reviews