Material: PUL
Size: One size from approx 10lbs to 35lbs +

Reliability: 7/10
Absorbancy: n/a
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: 10/10
Value for money: 6/10

I was totally won over by the fabric options of these wraps . I went for Rocket Rascal which is vintage inspired children in space ships, but could have happily taken home more. I also was really keen to try out a hybrid wrap and liked the idea of the versatility of being able to use it as a wrap with a fitted / prefold or with an insert as a nappy.

When it arrived it was as cute as expected. I have found the size to be a little on the small side so don't think it would fit birth to potty.

I have used the wrap with both a fitted nappy and a prefold. The wrap works well with both style of nappies covering them completely without any gapping, The gussets around the legs really help with this.

The overal fit of the wrap is really great ,very slim, no digging or rubbing and the are a large number of smalls so it can be made to fit your little one what ever there shape. The company describe the nappy to "Features: 4 rise settings 2 rows of snaps ( to help prevent wing droop)" I agree with this and haven't found wing droop which can often happen with prefolds especially when used in the tri fold style.

I have to say we have had some leaking with this wrap so don't think it is the most reliable compared to other wraps. So maybe not the best for heavy/ super heavy wetters!

You can buy inserts to go into the wrap taking it from a wrap to a nappy. I haven't tried this as didn't get the inserts. I would be interested to hear how other's got on with this , as I personally don't feel it would be absorbent enough on its own .

I do think that at £15 they are quite expensive. That is just for the wrap and if you want the inserts they are extra. So compared to other wraps they are a much higher priced but comparable with something like a weehugger. But with the choice of fabric's and fit I would be more likely to pick one of these over other brands, especially with the one size benefit.

I would recommend these wraps and really like using it on my daughter. The hybrid and one size aspect makes them really versatile and mean you will get a lot of use out of them. The cuteness factor makes these stand out compared to other wraps/ hybrid wrap options. The only problem now is picking which to get! :)

My avatar
Debbie81
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: Green Carbon Living hybrid wraps

Postby Debbie81 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:06 pm

Reliability: 9/10 (with my own inserts and after some experimenting!)
Absorbancy: (GCL inserts) 6/10
Cuteness: 10/10
Drying Speed: 10/10
Slimness: 10/10
Value for money: 8/10

This is my new favourite nappy system. It has taking a few weeks of experimenting to find the perfect insert combo but I really wanted to persevere as the fit is so perfect on my LO. Plus the prints are gorgeous and quite unusual.

The Green Carbon Living inserts I found to be expensive and not that absorbant. They also don't really fit the wrap properly. They popper into the wrap and leave a small gap at the top of the back of the nappy but need to be folded over at the front in a way that wouldn't even improve the absorbancy for a boy and just leave it awkwardly bulky. The gap at the back causes wicking through the binding tape which then spreads across the outside of the wrap very quickly as its cotton.

That said, if you use your own inserts (for my LO, Junior Joy cotton sized are far and away the best) the wrap sizing is super adjustable so you can get an excellent fit with whatever you find works best for your LO.

This, combined with the fact that the wrap is one-size and can be used very successfully as a wrap over fitteds/pre-folds, I think justifies the £15 price tag.

Two rows of snaps at the waist, 3 rows for rise adjustment plus the extra leg gussets mean that you should be able to get a super-trim fit on most babies. My LO is long and thin and this is the best fit of any one-size item I have tried. My only reservation about sizing is that I wonder if this would truly go from BTP for a particularly chunky baby.

Overall, this wrap has everything I'm looking for and will probably be my go-to nappy from now on. :D

Return to Wraps and Other Cloth Nappy Accessory Reviews