Postby eviesmummy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:58 am

Reliability: 10
Absorbancy: n/a
Cuteness: 10
Drying Speed: 9
Slimness: 9
Value for money: 10

Recommended :D

One word - LUSH! These are working so well for us that I would really recommend them. They havent sprung a leak and the velcro is really strong so little fingers are finding them difficult to remove which is great. The colours are lovely, and the minki is so soft - identical to the minki used on their pocket nappies, they are beautiful. Dry very very quickly, not as quick as PUL but dont take long outside on the line. Again, not as slim as PUL and when you look at it, it does look very big, but once on they are a nice slim fitting wrap. Good big fitting too - we have the large, and they are crossing over at the waist and a really good high rise.

The only negative I have is that I bought them direct from Blueberry in the US - so far havent found any suppliers in the UK

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Blueberry Minki Wrap

Postby Velvetsteph » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:31 pm

Any chance of a pic? I've yet to see one of these in action!!

My avatar
eviesmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby eviesmummy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:04 am

Will pin Evie down later on and get a few piccies :D

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:33 am

I have to second everything Sadie has written I have 2 preloved (and 4 more new waiting for me in the US) and they are brilliant. Ben is in large and on overlapping velcro which is so lovely and strong!

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:29 pm

You can buy these new from usednappies.co.uk for £13 + £1.40 postage (hope it is ok to put that address on)

Not sure how that compares to buying from the US prise wise. xx

My avatar
flutterby
Cloth Nappy Prophet
Cloth Nappy Prophet

Postby flutterby » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:30 pm

Reliability: 8
Drying Speed: 8
Slimness: 8
Value for money: 10

Gorgeous!

I got 3 from baby kind in the sale and with a discount code I got them for 11.40 each, they are soo pretty and pretty darn reliable too, though we have had a couple of leaks, they are lovely, a real show off wrap, I would certainly reccomend them, the fit is really good too!

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:17 pm

Reliability: 8
Drying Speed: 8
Slimness: 7
Value for money: 7

Overall: Recommended

Blueberry wraps are a PUL wrap with a gorgeous Minkee outer. They are available in many gorgeous prints and colours and have to be one of the cutest wraps around. These are my show off wraps.

They fasten with aplix and the tabs can be crossed over so they are quite adjustable. The minkee fabric makes them a bit thicker than PUL only wraps but they are certainly not bulky. The aplix on them is super strong too, sometimes I have trouble opening them. :giggle: They have fold back laundry tabs too which means they won't get stuck to the rest if the washing.

We have used these in small and medium. The main problem that I have with them is that they are not the most generous in terms of width in the bottom area. When we were using the small size only very trim newborn size nappies such as Size 0 Bimbles would fit underneath them. Now we are using the medium size and they work really well for my swaddlebees OCVs, Weenotions Northern Lights and FF but I can't get my Kissaluvs or Sandys under them.

The other issue that I have with these is they are lined with a material which gets damp. So the inside of the wrap gets damp from the nappy. This means that I usually have to change wraps at each nappy change and hang the used one to air while the dampness dries. Which is fine at home but not ideal when out and about.

They are also quite expensive compared to other wraps, but I think its worth having one or two in your collection just for showing off.

So Overall: Super cute, show off wraps but not suitable for every type of nappy.

Return to Wraps and Other Cloth Nappy Accessory Reviews