hf1

Advice please, *TMI*

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Advice please, *TMI*

Postby megansmummy » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:31 pm

I have quite a heavy flow and personally i dislike minkee topped pads as i find that i get more leaks with them, my fav is OBV topped as i find them bomb proof when it comes to leaks! I like Hollow oak postpartum pads for night time... (i have some for sale in the classifieds section as i bought alot for postpartum use and dont need them anymore) but they are a fab long pad which gives great coverage for nights. HO doesnt stock pads very often so keep an eye out in the WAHM wonders section here for Emma S's post as she often posts instocks here too... I also LOVE ultimini pads (check out luxurymoon)...they are by far my fav pads, they are made by homestead emporium and i love love love them :)

Having just used CSP for the first time with postpartum bleeding I was amazed at not getting one single leak...they are so much better than disposbale products!

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:43 pm

I've gone with a couple of HER heavy flow wraps. I've heard good things about Fussybuts, and I found a few others on etsy/hyena cart. All of them are obv or cotton velour topped, as I think they will be softest, and as nice as minkee is, I think I want more natural fabric. I think I'm going to stear clear of PUL as well. I'll get a little bag, and I'm just going to have to remember to use the disabled loo!

I think I like the look of the sponges rather than a moon cup, so I'm going to order one next week.

How do they stand up to thicker loss/clots?

My avatar
honouryourflow
Clothie
Clothie

Postby honouryourflow » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:46 am

I only just saw your post, have you seen the new post with one of my Honour Your Flow Mega pads for sale (unused). By the way Honour Your Flow offers some good pads for heavy flow, and I am told the Mega pad can last even the desperate all through the night! Good luck, and enjoy your adventure into csp :wave:

My avatar
honouryourflow
Clothie
Clothie

Postby honouryourflow » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:51 am

Here's the link for the Mega pad listing
www.clothnappytree.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=74034

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:45 am

Oh, thanks, but I'm trying to avoid pads with PUL. I've got three different brands on the way, so I'll see how I get on with them. Do you do pads without PUL?

Previous

Return to Mums Things