hf1

Cup help *Update!*

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Cup help *Update!*

Postby g murphy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:20 pm

Af has just arrived so I went to the loo armed with my cup for the first time and I could not get it far enough in. The top of the cup ended up screwed up and would not open out. It is a meluna cup. please help i Am so wanting to love my cup. x
Last edited by g murphy on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Cup help

Postby clothmama » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:24 pm

did you fold it before you put it in?

It is a massive learning curve and does take time to get it right. I haven't tried that particular brand but presuming that they all work in a similar way!

Try running your finger around it to get it open out. Try squeezing it to achieve the same goal. Take it out and try again. Keep trying with different ways. It will work it is just getting used to it :hug: :hug:

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:41 pm

It can be difficult to use the first few times if you are tense, just relax and take your time. If you still can't get it in you can try using a little bit of lube on it, or just wetting it beforehand. It should be sitting quite high up and should un-fold itself once it's there. If you can't feel it then it's probably in right :thumbsup: Same with getting it out, relax, give a few gentle "pushes" if necessary. Don't worry, it will get much easier and hopefully before long you'll be wondering where you were without it!

My avatar
Rebeccar75
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Rebeccar75 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:49 pm

I agree with the other 2 ladies' comments. The first few times I used mine I had quite a lot of leakage... - just couldn't seem to get the positioning right. 10 years on and I'm still loving it - and SO smug that I don't have to fork out for tampons each month hehehe!!!
Sometimes I find that if I twirl it round when it's already in it helps to open out the top bit and get the optimum position.

My avatar
g murphy
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Cup help *Update!*

Postby g murphy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:24 pm

Well....
I tried the punch down fold today and got it in with no problems! have had it in since lunch time and have had no leaks!!! I am converted already! :yahoo: :yahoo:

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Re: Cup help *Update!*

Postby red_dwarf » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:49 pm

I have a low lying cervix so my cup sits very low down almost poking out. however, I cant feel it and I <3 it

Return to Mums Things