hf1

Carazette question for users please, can you help?

My avatar
AuraTodd
Clothie
Clothie

Carazette question for users please, can you help?

Postby AuraTodd » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:31 am

Hi I have been on Femodene since I was sixteen because of bad period pain, heavy bleeding and mood swings. My Dr wants me to come off off it because I have had spotting while on the pill and she says that some of my cells are exposed due to the pill I am on. I don’t want the coil so she has prescribed me Carazette.

I have been researching it and as yet haven’t read anything good about it. I have to take it tomorrow at 9am. I am worried now that I will return to bad reactions and my awful periods will come back and ruin my life again. :shock: Femeodene was a god save so I don’t want to go through that hell again. Can anyone advise me. Especially from those who take Carazette?

I know every woman’s body is different, but I had a sleepless night thinking about it. Thanks.

My avatar
teganplus2
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: Carazette question for users please, can you help?

Postby teganplus2 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:35 am

I used to take Cerazette pre children and never had any problems with it, it was my favourite of all of the hormonal contraceptives I have taken (and I have tried lots) I actually have a three month course in the kitchen drawer but I just can't bring myself to restart any kind of hormonal contraception, if I did though this would be my one choice xx

My avatar
lazylexis
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby lazylexis » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:07 am

I was on it for 3 .years. No side effects and no bleeding at all from day 1. If u do get irregular bleeding it often settles in a few months if u can stick it out.

My avatar
AuraTodd
Clothie
Clothie

Postby AuraTodd » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:12 am

Thanks for your replies. i don't care about the bleeding, as long as it's light and there is no pain. I wear panty liners as I have a weak bladder so I will try it and see what happens :)

My avatar
girlinleeds
Cloth Nappy Guru
Cloth Nappy Guru

Postby girlinleeds » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:09 am

Ive been on it for over three years and havent bleed at all. I have endometriosis and have minimal pain and symptoms. ive been on the combined pill, coil and contraceptive injections in the past and this works best for me

My avatar
BingBongBoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby BingBongBoo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:16 am

I took it for about 3 years and love it. No problems at all and only very light, pain-free periods while on it. I hope it suits you too. :hug: :hug:

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby emmab16 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:50 am

I used it for 6 mths & did have some side effects when i came off it, which meant i wouldnt take it again, i now have a mirena coil which i love

But everyone is different :)

Xx

My avatar
Sunset
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Sunset » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:52 am

It's the only one that works for me. I never had periods when I was on it before babies but since going back on it I have occassional light pain free periods.
My friend takes it as well now as she had to come off the combined pill due to her age and smoking. She bled for a long time at the start (2 months pretty much) but she stuck with it as it was her only option and she has been period free for years now and loves it.

Return to Mums Things