hf1

TMi question about mooncup (well not really TMI)

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

TMi question about mooncup (well not really TMI)

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:50 pm

Ok I was going to put this in fairy whispers but then I thought nope be brave!

So after the toots I discovered mooncups, bought the large size which was so uncomfy and Ahem large, so I went for the small and it was perfect. Then i got a small diva cup which was even better.

So since Lola I've had 2 Af's and I tried the small and it literally fell out :oops: , bought a new large, and the same. After an hour or so of using its on its way out. Now i'm not sure if its the flow which is horrific, I can fill a large within a couple of hours. Or I'm too 'ahem' big for one.

Will it ever got back to normal I need to use it because tampons are horrible.

My avatar
emmab16
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: TMi question about mooncup (well not really TMI)

Postby emmab16 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:55 pm

Have you thought about using csp for a little while til things 'tone up' ahem!

I have just discovered the little gumnut obv pads & i find them comfy
Xx

My avatar
aimeet
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby aimeet » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:42 pm

No mooncup experience here but I have just started using sea sponges after a rarher disastrous encounter with a mooncup a while ago. I have also found that flow is worse the first few af after having a baby. Are you doing pelvic floors? that could help, after all Lola is still pretty young :hug:

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:54 am

aimeet wrote:No mooncup experience here but I have just started using sea sponges after a rarher disastrous encounter with a mooncup a while ago. I have also found that flow is worse the first few af after having a baby. Are you doing pelvic floors? that could help, after all Lola is still pretty young :hug:

This is what I'm hoping, that its just all a bit too soon, and I havent been stretched forever :giggle: I didn't use a mooncup after the toots for maybe a year, maybe a bit less. And this af is only no 3 or 4 (proper one)

When I remember I do pelvic floor excersises, I really need to put a reminder up somewhere

My avatar
Dora
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Dora » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:51 am

I used csp till a while after but i find even now that its harder to get the right secured position if flow is heavier. I found meluna-the one with v thin flexible walls better for me. Also it has a round oval instead of a tube tip for removal so more comfortable too x

Return to Mums Things