hf1

Can you recommend some csp please?

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Can you recommend some csp please?

Postby Mumof5 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:50 pm

I am totally hooked on cloth nappies, but haven't yet ventured into the world of csp.
I don't think I can use a mooncup, as I get severe cramps if I use a tampon, I don't have a heavy flow so regular pads will do fine I think. Money is always tight, so I don't want to be spending any more than £50 on a set, my sewing skills are limited so I don't really want to make my own!
So, what do you ladies recommend?

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Can you recommend some csp please?

Postby labbiefan » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:34 pm

Eco rainbow. They do a great starter bundle. They have a fb page with regular offers and website :)

My avatar
CupcakeMummy
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby CupcakeMummy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:10 pm

I get tampon cramps but not with the mooncup.

I think it's because a tampon touches the cervix but the mooncup is lower. :)

As for CSP I have only tried lunapads but they're great.

My avatar
gilbertandmartha
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby gilbertandmartha » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:09 pm

I also second give a cup a try, I get really bad cramps with tampons, but nothing with a cup. This might be way way TMI, but I think I'm quite small (although Lola has done her damndest to change that) so even after Lola i find the size 2 TOO big. I also struggle with tampons and have to leave the in for a long time because dragging them out hurts!

Anyway weenotions are fab I also like holdens emporium. If I was living in the UK I would have all weenotions. Their petite light pads are fab.

My avatar
Shaunie
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby Shaunie » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:15 pm

Tampons also absorb natural vaginal fluid which is what often causes pain.

My sweing skills are not great but I bought the Little Gumnut 'sew it' csp kit & it was so easy & great value for money. Comes with everythign you need other than a sewing maching :giggle: . Mine don't look amzaing but they work brilliantly :D

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:50 am

Little gumnut are fab

My avatar
Olivette
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Olivette » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:11 pm

I second eco rainbow. http://www.ecorainbow.co.uk/. Her regular pads are really reasonably priced and I've seen her increase in popularity, especially recently!

As for the little gumnut kits, I recently finished making up my kit. The bulk of the skill involved I found really revolved around the cutting out of the different materials! It was definitely very well thought out and the instructions where really useful.

This is one of the pads I made from the kit. I haven't added the snaps to the sides yet but shows you the general idea!

Littlegumnut also sells her own pads (http://www.littlegumnut.co.uk/shop/category.php?id_category=35). A good portion of my pads are from Littlegumnut and are great! :)

Ox

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:09 pm

Thank you everyone :D Perhaps I'll try out a few different makes and see what works best for me :thumbsup:

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:59 pm

If you ever fancy splashing out on a special pad or two, Homestead Emporium are fab I adore their mystic gem colourway!

Next

Return to Mums Things