hf1

Washable Breast Pads Recommendations Please

My avatar
jules070603
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Washable Breast Pads Recommendations Please

Postby jules070603 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:16 pm

Am thinking about the little extra things I want to get sorted in the next few weeks and one of them is breast pads.

I wondered what makes people recommended with regards to washable ones. What fabrics did you find worked best and washed best?

Thanks. :pregnant:

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Washable Breast Pads Recommendations Please

Postby cherobanne » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:39 pm

I'm using Lansinoh washable ones and Swaddlebees OCV ones atm and tbh I don't really love either. I probably prefer the Lansinoh ones as the Swaddlebees ones are a bit bulkier.

I used Lansinoh disposable ones at the beginning (left over from Matthew) and they were much slimmer, didn't show under clothes at all. But the sticky bit often ended up sticking to my boob - ouch!
Don't have that problem with the washable ones but the OCV material of the Swaddlebees ones has a tendency to 'stick' to my nipple if I've leaked a bit.

Will be interested to read responses as I'd love to find the perfect washable breast pad! Sorry I'm not much help!

Joanne

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:52 pm

I never found ones I liked that were absorbent enough and then things settled down and I stuck with what I had - some Avent washable ones. Someone recommended Upsy Daisy ones but there was a problem making them at the time so I couldn't get them, might be worth a look though.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:59 pm

I got a free pair in my WAHM mama pack and they were great. I think they were from Upsy Daisy. Lilypadz are fab too.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:26 pm

i cant remember if mine were avent or tomme tippee but i loved them :D (although i didnt leak much so absorbency wasnt an issue)

also, if you are buying disposable ones, i found mothercare ones very scratchy and threw out half a big box of them, but tescos ones were very comfy! the more expensive ones like lansinoh etc were really soft but OMG the price of them, can you imagine what you'd spend on them over 6 months?? so yeah id go for washable ones where possible!

lets pester Suzzane from Weenotions to make breast pads :twisted:

Gayle xx

My avatar
BibsnBots
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BibsnBots » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:13 pm

i have been using ellas house..(cos i sell them...lol) i was a little unsure at first but i have to say i quite like them...fleece backed and hemp. they last quite a while too.

I'm pondering on getting some lilypadz as ive heard fantastic things about them.

My avatar
ruby
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ruby » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:57 pm

I really liked the Bravado ones. They had a coolmax lining that helped to prevent the 'sticking' that can sometimes occur. Also like Lansinoh ones

Return to Mums Things