hf1

Does anyone else find their PP are less when using CSP?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Does anyone else find their PP are less when using CSP?

Postby clothmama » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:46 am

I definitely found that my period pains are less using a menstrual cup and cloth pads. I actually spoke to both my gynecologist in France and here in Australia and they both agreed that it is because tampons have lots of small fibres that we dont' necessarily see on tampons that will be rubbing against and irritating the cervix to a certain degree. Also the chemicals that are in tampons (do you think they started white??!) may also be causing some sort of irritation for some people. The other issue of course, that has been mentioned, is that tampons dry out the whole vaginal area of not only blood but the natural moisture that is supposed to be there. The bacteria that causes thrush is always present in our systems as resident flora but it is a fine balance that is easily disturbed so putting a hairy, drying tampon in can easily upset the natural balance in this way as well. ( :giggle: :giggle: can you tell I have a microbiology exam tomorrow :giggle: :giggle:)

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Heather London » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:31 pm

Cloth pads changed everything for me. Now I get no PP at all really. So much more comfortable and effective. I used to often get leaks with disposable. The differences with Mooncups and sponges are supposed to be even greater due to a lot of the reasons Torry said. I could never never go back -Id be so uncomfortable!

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:25 pm

My periods used to be quite heavy before i went on the pill, then they were lighter so not overly painful anyway. Now that ive got "normal" periods back, they have been heavier than what im used to, but defintely better than what they were when i was a teenager! I dont get that much pain now, plus I just feel soooo much better having minkee in my knickers than sweaty, plasticy paper pads :D

My avatar
karenandgeorgia
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby karenandgeorgia » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:13 pm

nic1 wrote:Lunawolf have some nice ones at the minute!

Never seen that site before, I now have 2 on the way. Am I strange that I need 2 or multiples of 2 of each make of csp :oops: :oops:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:45 pm

I definately agree that CSP has made my periods shorter and less painful. They are sooo comfy and abosorbent - though i do need some more Heavy WN pads and another panty liner one!

Im planning on getting a Mooncup this year and i cant wait tbh as tampons can irritate esp at the end of a period when there isnt that much for it to absorb (sorry tmi)

xxx

Previous

Return to Mums Things