hf1

how do you do pelvic floor execercises?

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: how do you do pelvic floor execercises?

Postby gayleygoo » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:40 am

happytails wrote:My HV said to try and stop pee'ing mid way, those muscles you use to do that are your pelvic floor. once you know how to tense them its easy

thats a good way of finding out what you have to squeeze, but remember not to do it too often when peeing, or you could give yourself a urinary infection :-?

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:22 pm

We should keep bumping this up because every time I see it I remember and start to do mine!

My avatar
babyjjbaby
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby babyjjbaby » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:58 pm

didn't know that bout getting a infection that was going to be when i did them aswell to remind myself

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:06 am

cherobanne wrote:We should keep bumping this up because every time I see it I remember and start to do mine!

Same here :giggle:

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:15 am

babyjjbaby wrote:didn't know that bout getting a infection that was going to be when i did them aswell to remind myself

I think the idea is to try it mid-stream so that you can feel which muscles it is you need to squeeze, and its not just the ones at the front which stop the wee, but also the ones further back inside which would stop the no2's. The midwife that discharged me after I had Anna also said not to do it too often midstream as it can also confuse your body and the natural relaxation of that muscle when you do need to wee...

Previous

Return to Mums Things