hf1

Fairy Hammocks - Wee Notions

My avatar
jamieandalfie
Clothie
Clothie

Fairy Hammocks - Wee Notions

Postby jamieandalfie » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:45 pm

Are the cotton topped pant liners by Wee Notions any good?? I so want to try them but after my experience with Luna Pads im a little wary.....

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Fairy Hammocks - Wee Notions

Postby nic1 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:18 pm

What happened with lana pads if that's not being too :pinocchio:

I am not sure i've tried cotton topped but BV or minkee topped are lovely.

My avatar
Bobble Boy's Mum
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby Bobble Boy's Mum » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:54 pm

It's not cotton cotton (iykwim) but I tried a WN cotton velour regular hammock today for the first time and despite AF being heavy it coped really well and it held far far more than a regular Always does and held the same as, and is longer in length than, a heavy flow cloth one I ordered from another maker. I normally HATE pads but I love my WN hammock, can't wait for the WNFH from Luxury Moon that I ordered to arrive in the next day or so (2 x minkee, 1 x fleece). My cotton velour WNFH is currently in the wash but I rinsed it earlier and I was amazed that it doesn't look like it will stain (my big worry with it being baby blue)

At the risk of sounding odd I don't mind AF so much now I have lovely soft girly pads to look forward to using :D

Weenotions are fab!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:22 am

Bobble Boy's Mum wrote:At the risk of sounding odd I don't mind AF so much now I have lovely soft girly pads to look forward to using :D

I feel the same. I don't dread her like i used to. Also helps that my PP is not half as painful as they were with tampons. I am awaiting af anytime and i have lots of new pads to try so will be eagerly awaiting her arrival!! :giggle:

My avatar
jamieandalfie
Clothie
Clothie

Postby jamieandalfie » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:56 pm

without being too gross, they wer not substantial enough to use every day...and usually a disposable liner can..plus they went all crusty in the wash, they were made of fleece so I dunno if that has anythin to do with it...

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:36 pm

jamieandalfie wrote:without being too gross, they wer not substantial enough to use every day...and usually a disposable liner can..plus they went all crusty in the wash, they were made of fleece so I dunno if that has anythin to do with it...

Not sure, my ones from lunawolf are lovely but maybe another make will be better for you to try! :D Puddlekins ones are very soft!

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:47 pm

I found my cotton topped WNFH didn't stay as soft as the minkee ones, but they're still pretty absorbent as they've got bamboo or hemp in them. Puddlekins pads are amazingly soft, but im not sure if there's PUL in them or not so if your flow is really heavy then you may be better off with a PUL backed pad.

You could always order one or two and see how you get on - there is a market for preloved pads so if you dont get on with them you dont risk too much money!

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:56 pm

Ps.. all the pads from puddlekins have PUL in them apart from 8" liners ( thought we do a regular 8" with PUL) and the B'natural ones with wool! ;0) Basically all the B'Classic and the B'Dry are PUL and the B'Natural are wool ;) The Slimbo is polar 400 fleece backed....its apparently wind proof too.. but I wouldnt like to put that on the website :hohoho:

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:53 pm

ems wrote:Ps.. all the pads from puddlekins have PUL in them apart from 8" liners ( thought we do a regular 8" with PUL) and the B'natural ones with wool! ;0) Basically all the B'Classic and the B'Dry are PUL and the B'Natural are wool ;) The Slimbo is polar 400 fleece backed....its apparently wind proof too.. but I wouldnt like to put that on the website :hohoho:

:hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: good to know some of your pads are wind-proof :hohoho: I didnt even know there was PUL in mine, it didnt feel like it, so that shows how discreet it is! :thumbsup:

Return to Mums Things