hf1

Minkee/velboa & thrush

My avatar
charlibunny
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: Minkee/velboa & thrush

Postby charlibunny » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:26 pm

queen bee wrote:Bamboo velour might be a good alternative to minkee as it is a natural fibre and will allow to your :wink: to breathe and stay cool and hopefully avoid thrush. Having said that, I use minkee-topped ones every day and have had no problems so far. I used to have terrible trouble with thrush a few years ago, but haven't had it for a few years now :wine:

Goodness knows what is up with me, i had never had it before Sophie, now everything seems to set me off :( Might try a BV one then, maybe if a get a preloved one (minkee) it wouldn't be such a shame if it bothers me.

nic1 wrote:
charlibunny wrote:
karenandgeorgia wrote:Why not try some bv topped ones?

Yeah think i might try one of each. I have one cotton topped panty liner from weenotions and thats lovely but very small.

I can lend you a minkee topped one to borrow and try out if you like? :D Just let me know if you want to trial one! :wink:

Thankyou Nic, i am going to try buy one preloved or get some PP funds to buy one somehow, but if not i may be pming you :lol:
I dont actually have AF yet anyway, im just being prepared :)

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:51 pm

charlibunny wrote:
Thankyou Nic, i am going to try buy one preloved or get some PP funds to buy one somehow, but if not i may be pming you :lol:

No worries, offer there if you need it. I don't suffer with thrush thankfully but only topped pad that i have heard can cause thrush is lycra topped.

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:57 pm

nic1 wrote:
charlibunny wrote:

No worries, offer there if you need it. I don't suffer with thrush thankfully but only topped pad that i have heard can cause thrush is lycra topped.

Oooh, are lycra ones not any good then? :| I've started my adventure into csp and got a half dozen lycra topped WN ones and am very impressed - really like the fact that they don't stain at all. But having *never* had any problems with thrush in any form, I'd hate to use something that might cause it! I only ever wear 100% cotton undergarments, but have always used disposable pads. So I was excited to be using cloth now - sooooo much nicer! :D

My avatar
0_Lisa_0
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby 0_Lisa_0 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:03 pm

rachelinscotland wrote:undergarments

Sorry I have no idea why but this just made me :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: , I think it's just the word and they way it sounds when you say it out loud :hohoho: :oops:

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:06 pm

rachelinscotland wrote: Oooh, are lycra ones not any good then? :| I've started my adventure into csp and got a half dozen lycra topped WN ones and am very impressed - really like the fact that they don't stain at all. But having *never* had any problems with thrush in any form, I'd hate to use something that might cause it! I only ever wear 100% cotton undergarments, but have always used disposable pads. So I was excited to be using cloth now - sooooo much nicer! :D

Awww sorry didn't mean to panic you.....i have heard it said by couple of people but there's probably many that get on with lycra topped ones so hopefully you will be fine. FC!! It's like anything else different people suit different things.

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:07 pm

0_Lisa_0 wrote:
rachelinscotland wrote:undergarments

Sorry I have no idea why but this just made me :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: , I think it's just the word and they way it sounds when you say it out loud :hohoho: :oops:

LOL :giggle: Maybe it's just that I'm an American! :giggle:

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:12 pm

nic1 wrote:
rachelinscotland wrote: Oooh, are lycra ones not any good then? :| I've started my adventure into csp and got a half dozen lycra topped WN ones and am very impressed - really like the fact that they don't stain at all. But having *never* had any problems with thrush in any form, I'd hate to use something that might cause it! I only ever wear 100% cotton undergarments, but have always used disposable pads. So I was excited to be using cloth now - sooooo much nicer! :D

Awww sorry didn't mean to panic you.....i have heard it said by couple of people but there's probably many that get on with lycra topped ones so hopefully you will be fine. FC!! It's like anything else different people suit different things.

Don't worry Nic! :D I just saw that and thought "oh no!" :giggle: Ideally, my favourite fabric for nappies is bamboo velour - so that would be my first choice! But since I got a wonderful bargain bundle of these, I went for them! Thought it would be good to start out with something cheap first, since I usually have very little need for such things, with either bf or preg - but since af started only 4 months after having Clement, it was a good excuse to try out csp! :mrgreen:

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:14 pm

Hope you get on well with them all Rachel. Sure you will. Most people are converted once they try them. Plus if you did find you didn't get on with lycra ones you could always resell on and restash with another topping! I love minkee and BV personally!

My avatar
rachelinscotland
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby rachelinscotland » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:22 pm

nic1 wrote:Hope you get on well with them all Rachel. Sure you will. Most people are converted once they try them. Plus if you did find you didn't get on with lycra ones you could always resell on and restash with another topping! I love minkee and BV personally!

Yes, I think it just took one day of using them to realise how much more comfy they were compared to nasty paper/plastic ones! :giggle: Can't see how I'd ever want to go back! :lol:

Previous

Return to Mums Things