hf1

CLoth San Pro Q's

My avatar
Rae
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Rae » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:48 pm

I've recently had a few days where I have had to try out the ones I had bought. I am amazed at how much more comfortable they are. Why do you only learn about these things after you have had a baby? Why are so many other good things connected to cloth nappy use?

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:58 pm

I think a lot of people just don't question mainstream practices until for some reason they stray off the path, as it were. And then you find that there is so much information out there that just doesn't get disseminated until you start asking the questions or hanging out with those who are doing it already. It started for me with going to LLL meetings. That said, my bigger kids use cloth, trying to persuade dd1 to try a mooncup but she says the idea of it freaks her out, lol.

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:31 am

trogette wrote:I think a lot of people just don't question mainstream practices until for some reason they stray off the path, as it were. And then you find that there is so much information out there that just doesn't get disseminated until you start asking the questions or hanging out with those who are doing it already. It started for me with going to LLL meetings. That said, my bigger kids use cloth, trying to persuade dd1 to try a mooncup but she says the idea of it freaks her out, lol.

bizzare isn't it. Some of my friends think I'm waaaay "out there" with some of my choices like cloth nappies and my mooncup etc but to me it just makes sense, a no brainer iykwim.

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:31 am

Rae wrote:I've recently had a few days where I have had to try out the ones I had bought. I am amazed at how much more comfortable they are. Why do you only learn about these things after you have had a baby? Why are so many other good things connected to cloth nappy use?

Now I'm actually excited about panty liners! now that is funny! Can't wait to try them out :lol: :lol: :lol:

My avatar
caeganol
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby caeganol » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:37 am

Let us know how you get on.
may be I will give it a go too.
xxxxxxxxxxxx

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:45 am

I don't really like viscose topped ones, they slide about and flip over at the edges and sometimes feel hot. My favorites by far are the ones on Angel tots, they are flannel topped, followed quickly by peeweez which are a little longer for extra coverage without extra bulk. Flannel seems to be really absorbant not wet on top like man-made fibers can be. My only two heavy duty ones are made by clothmadmummy but I don't think she makes them anymore, they are hemp and are remarkably absorbent. I would like to try some postpartum ones but don't feel I want to send Mr CP home from the hospital to wash them as its looking like a c section at the moment. He would do it but I want to preserve just a little bit of mystery in my life! Also not sure how much use I would get out of them as only use pads as a back up.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:28 pm

CP I tried CSP for all of less than a day (when Ben was 7 days old) I think as I found it so much harder in hospital than being at home - I think due to needing to take dirty items out of the loo back to the bedroom etc. Also as a few days went on (tmi) the mw's ask you what the blood loss is like and as it changed colour from blood to water and pink they needed to know and I wasn't brave enough to try and figure what was coming out.

I just made myself think that I hadn't actually bought any new always pads they were left over from pre cloth days, so needed using by someone anyway and Ben using cloth made up for me not.

My avatar
clothpenguin
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby clothpenguin » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:53 pm

I really like the pads I've got, especially my peeweez dinosaurs! I geeked over my collection (enjoyed picking which one to wear, god I am so sad!) I lost a lovely weenotions cotton top at the clinic once (foolish people put me on the pill to downreg and made me bleed until the cows came home hence need for pads) actually I really should not refer to them as foolish people, they are the reason our babies are cooking away! Anyway, I transgress, I'm not looking forward to paper pads, and I don't feel great about it but I think that is one compromise I will make for now. And don't worry about TMI, the more the better I think!

Previous

Return to Mums Things