hf1

Pill after childbirth

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:58 am

i have some pills that i spot constantly on, and others that i dont even bleed in the 7 no pill days.....i have a doc who says that there is no prob with continuosly takeing the pill (no break and no bleeding) for 6 months and then doing a 7 day break...he says that the bleeding is psycologically for the woman so that they are sure they are not pregnant and its woking.

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:42 pm

Not much help really. I'm on cerazette now and so far have had only very light spotting the week after starting taking it and nothing at all since.

I used to take a combined pill and had no problems with that either though. I think going back to the docs and trying some different ones is a good idea. I had a friend who tried loads and loads before she found the one that suit her.

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:46 pm

Rae wrote:This is what I have at the moment, and when you don't get a period in a year it is great. But when you constantly get breakthrus it isn't wonderful.

Rae, Have you had a chance to do anything since you posted this?

I'm on cerazette at the moment because I'm still breastfeeding Anna and get the same irregular breakthrough bleeds, its getting quite annoying - also because it interferes with bedroom activities :oops:
I switched after I stopped bf-ing Joshua for the same reason and DH and I were getting married: the last thing I wanted was not to know whether AF would come on on the day!

Anyway, I'm thinking of going to the GP because its just getting ridiculous now - but not sure if she can offer an alternative because I'm still bf-ing.

Marijke

Previous

Return to Mums Things