hf1

help me decide? YES or NO to CSP

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: help me decide? YES or NO to CSP

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:32 am

Yes - I can't stand the feel of disposable pads anymore (to be honest I've never been very keen on them) and wouldn't want to be without them each AF now...

Pre Grace I liked my mooncup too but I've not had the opportunity to use it yet as my AF is quite light right now...

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:21 pm

Yes go for it!!
I am just building a stash up now and for the first time ever i am looking forward to af arriving so I can try them out properly :giggle:

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Heather London » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:49 pm

Yes def go for it. I know I sell them :wink: but I only started the store as they are so fab and I wanted lots of women to be able to try out different types of CSP and internal wear easily from one place.

They are so much more comfortable than paper pads and will really save your money over time too. Happy to give any advice you need. Im quite happy to recommend pads from other stores too :)

My biggest sellers are bamboo velour and minkee topped pads. HTH

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:06 pm

Yes go for it!! Most women I've talked to about CSP (other than on this forum) are "grossed out" by it but personally I dont feel theres anything wrong with it at all! DH has his doubts, but then he doesn't do the washing and its not upto him what kind of sanitary pads I use (my mooncup freaks him out entirely :giggle: ) CSP is generally a healthier alternative to disposable pads and once you start using them, its hard to go back.

I have started to find my minkee ones a bit sweatier than others, but they're still very comfy, especially the light-flow liners which I use most of the time now during pregnancy. Bamboo or cotton velour is very comfy, as is cotton jersey. Get a few of the ones you like and try them out. If you dont get on with them, its not usually difficult to sell them on in the same way you would a nappy. For most women, the arrival of AF is something thats dreaded, but since I've been using CSP I really dont mind at all and in fact its something to be celebrated! I'm almost sad that my pad stash will sit unused for so long now that I'm :pregnant: :giggle:

Previous

Return to Mums Things