hf1

How do you wash yours?

My avatar
indigosky2k
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Re: How do you wash yours?

Postby indigosky2k » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:35 pm

Another one here sticks 'em in with the nappies :giggle: I do give them a cold rinse before I drop them in the nappy bucket though :wink:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:01 pm

So as long as I don't use fabric conditioner i'll be ok whatever I wash them with :D. I might plonk them in with towels and cold rinse them before I store. Thanks ladies.

Oh what do you use to store them in? I have just ordered a wetbag, is there anything more suitable or will that be ok?

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:20 am

twinkletot wrote:So as long as I don't use fabric conditioner i'll be ok whatever I wash them with :D. I might plonk them in with towels and cold rinse them before I store. Thanks ladies.

Oh what do you use to store them in? I have just ordered a wetbag, is there anything more suitable or will that be ok?

Yes fine if not using fabric conditioner. :wink:

A wet bag will be fine. I currently use the old nappy bucket for my used CSP and used washable wipes but may have to think about getting a wet bag soon as the nappy bin does look like a normal bin and there could be a time a guest thinks it is a bin!! :oops:

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:15 pm

Lol @ the bin, I can just imagine the shock if they realise what it is!!
Thanks hopefully the wetbag I bought will be big enough :giggle:

My avatar
fluffycabbage
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fluffycabbage » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:38 pm

twinkletot wrote:Lol @ the bin, I can just imagine the shock if they realise what it is!!

:hohoho: :hohoho: to be a fly on the wall.... :giggle:

I put mine under the hot tap while im on the loo, and once finished make sure its rinsed it all out and squeeze out the water, then put in nappy bin for next wash with them.

My avatar
gayleygoo
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby gayleygoo » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:57 pm

Mine would usually go in with the nappies or towels, as I dont use fabric conditioner in these washes, but I dont think the odd wash with fabric conditioner would do much harm so I have put them in with normal washes when necessary. That said, fabric conditioner isnt necessary for any wash really, and you could use a slosh of vinegar in the rinse drawer instead. I store them in the nappy bucket but a wetbag, or even an ice-cream tub or similar is fine too. It just depends what works for you!

Previous

Return to Mums Things