hf1

Yay! to cloth san pro and mooncups!

My avatar
Kybosh
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kybosh » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:34 pm

I just shove it in my microwave steriliser I had for my breast pump. That way it only takes a few minutes and it's done.

I've thought about shoving it in the dishwasher at one point, but I didn't :lol:

Sally

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:55 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Am tempted by CSP too but I've got one pantyliner one from weenotions that I got to try for the end of cycles but I find it scrunches up and is quite sweaty - it's a lycra topped one... Would cotton be better?

Cotton or bamboo velour might be better and i love my viscose topped wn ones too. :D I have heard before that lycra can be abit sweaty. :roll:

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:16 pm

I'm planning to use milton tablets on mine too. I've not really read the instructions yet, do you just sterilise it at some point between af's? Or does it need to be sterilised just before you start using it?

If it's at any point then I'd be inclined to agree with you Steph, why bother! But I'm lazy :D

I've got a couple of lycra pads and don't find them any more sweaty than the cotton I don't think :?

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:59 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Is it just me that finds sterilising it between cycles a PITA though? :oops:
I'm so tempted to just wash it and not bother sterilising but don't know how risky that is...

Thing is that nothing gets sterilised in this house so it's a faff to do!!

Am tempted by CSP too but I've got one pantyliner one from weenotions that I got to try for the end of cycles but I find it scrunches up and is quite sweaty - it's a lycra topped one... Would cotton be better?

All of mine are cotton and do'nt get that sweaty feeling :lol: The best liners i've got are from nappies by minki, they are terry topped, oh and no they do'nt seem to go crunchy :lol:

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:58 pm

The best san pro I have is bv topped and wool backed, it's fab!!! But I do use with the mooncup or alone on lighter days so not sure how good it will be for heavier use. I'd recommend fleece topped too. I've tried quite a lot of different ones now I think, although not minki. Don't fancy that for some reason :?

My avatar
ramsay
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby ramsay » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:05 pm

im new to all this but i have a cotton one and silk one and i much prefer the cotton but i def want to get some bv ones..i keep looking at heathers site..i must get something else soon :D

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:21 pm

re sterlising mooncup - the lovely people direct there told me I didn't have to sterlise everytime - as I asked them if af lasted between 4 and 8 weeks (yes it has lasted that long in the past) if I should do it every few days or each week and had some comment back like hot soap and water is ok - but that hasn't stopped me doing it just before use each time (af starts not everytime)

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:20 pm

I can't be arsed sterilising or bleaching or anything, my mooncup is a mingy colour but my fanjo is infection-free afaik :lol: I could probably leave it on the shower-room windowsill to sun-bleach...

My avatar
ladybird
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby ladybird » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:41 pm

I sterilise my mooncup after each AF, rather than before using. Never thought to do it the other way round.

PreviousNext

Return to Mums Things