Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Help me love them please.

Postby megansmummy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:12 am

choccylisa wrote:
megansmummy wrote:
nic1 wrote:Are you going to try with them again Tory? :D

Only just saw this nic!! :oops: :giggle:
Yes i will try them again, i have been using disp pantyliners for the last few months while being :pregnant: and i have remembered all over again why i wanted to try CSP in the first place...they have made me so sore :( So i have been alternating my two puddlekins slimbos and washing them each day and its so much better...Im going to stick with OBV topped pads and am slowley building a stash for once bump arrives as the thought of using disp pads for 5-6 weeks is making me cringe...it will be unbearable :-? So im building a wee stash of OBV topped with fleece and wool backing :)

I'm a bit tempted to get some post partum ones, I only use tampons normally as pads rub (sorry tmi :oops: ), can I just throw them in with the nappies? I hated those awful thick "nappies" I had to wear in hospital after I had the kids :puke:

yes just wash them with your nappies, i rinse them out in the bathroom sink when i chage the pad and then put in a small wetbag in the bathroom, then wash with the nappies (when using for AF...not when rotating my pathetic 2 slimbo stash :giggle: ). I will use disp pads while in hospital...the first few days for me are really heavy and since i wont get out till 3-4 days after the birth I cant expect hubby to bring my pads home and wash them, plus breastpads, plus nappies for both kids so i will be a bit disp happy while in in and then switch to cloth for us all again when i come home :)

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:51 am

megansmummy wrote:since i wont get out till 3-4 days after the birth I cant expect hubby to bring my pads home and wash them, plus breastpads, plus nappies for both kids

And why not?? :whip: :whip: :hohoho: :hohoho:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:54 am

choccylisa wrote:
megansmummy wrote:since i wont get out till 3-4 days after the birth I cant expect hubby to bring my pads home and wash them, plus breastpads, plus nappies for both kids

And why not?? :whip: :whip: :hohoho: :hohoho:

becuase im already scared that the house will go to rack and ruin :hohoho:

My avatar
choccylisa
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby choccylisa » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:23 am

:giggle: I'll give dh his due, when I came out after having Kellan, the house was spotless. He'd taken the older two out every day for a run at the park, done all the washing, dried it on the line, put it all away (not quite in the right drawers in the kids rooms :giggle: ), the house had been hoovered, dusted and decorated with flowers and banners :D Am not sure that'll happen this time with him having three to look after AND reusables to wash but we'll see...

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:01 am

Aww bless :wine: The house will be ok becuase my mum will be staying while im in hospital :mrgreen: but i do worry about hubby having pretty much sole responsibility of the kids :roll: he will be fine i know he will...so why am i worrying??

Anyway i just nabbed a 3 JR pads, a couple of florence pads from LM to add to the collection and recieved my two wool slimbo's in the post this morning...so im up to 10 pads so far :wine:

My avatar
red_dwarf
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby red_dwarf » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:13 pm

how many pads do you need if you ware plannign on washing every 2-3 days do you think? Disp pads make me soooo sore so if i can persuade DH I might venture into CSP for this

My avatar
Kirstyh
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Kirstyh » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:15 pm

Tory, you got me looking now :giggle:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby megansmummy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:19 pm

:giggle: Kirsty, hubby is going to think im batty when he realises im been CSP shopping while pregnant but its got to be easier to do it bit by bit rather than all in one go...especially since i have stash built once, sold it all and am now at it again :roll: :oops: :giggle:

Ant, it depends entirly on your flow really...I havnt ever used CSP postpartum but for comparison sake i was changing disp pads every loo trip after my c-sections really, pretty heavy for the first few days and then it slowed down a bit to almost normal af and then it lasted for 5-6 weeks with both Megan and Kieren...

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:25 pm

I dont know how you could gauge the flow after a baby. With my first and second it was scarily heavy for the fist 48-72hours then went to normal AF flow and stopped after 2 weeks.

3rd time it wasnt anywhere near as heavy and stopped after 8 days......

I only have 5 csp and a mooncup so I was the pads daily with either nappies or towels but I am now looking at the puddlekins ones and thinking hmmmmm :giggle:

PreviousNext

Return to Mums Things