x

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Jam Sponge...

Postby Heather London » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:38 am

So of course I sell them :)

But I really do like them. They are so comfy. Ive tested them overnight on heavy days and they are fine. I am a SAHM so I generally use them at home. They dry quickly.

The best verdict on them I think is that they are my best selling product.

Ive seen a few queries in the past on forums like this and sadly they dont get many replies - not sure why - maybe the many buyers are'nt forum users.

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:25 pm

Thanks Heather! :D

My avatar
ulig
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby ulig » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:48 pm

Heather London wrote:They are so comfy. Ive tested them overnight on heavy days and they are fine.

WSS. I really love my Jam Sponge. Before the Jam Sponge I used a Mooncup, but since I discovered Jam Sponge it just sits in a corner unused. :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:05 pm

Interesting, maybe I need to try one :giggle: :giggle:

My avatar
ktinkley
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ktinkley » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:07 pm

Just got one and used it at the tail end of last month.

It was fab! I had a mooncup and didn't get on with it - couldn't manage to get a seal - maybe because of scarring? The jam sponge was easier to get in (softer) and felt better inside.

Only downside was it's not as easy to change as a mooncup - moon cup is a tip and reinsert, whereas a jam sponge needs a rinse.

But definately got the thumbs up from me - I bought some reusable tampons at the same time but not sure whether they're going to get a look in - haven't even tried them yet, and considering selling them :)

My avatar
Cyrillia
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Cyrillia » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:34 pm

Thanks for the additional comments. :D

I haven't had the return of AF yet due to BF, and I have some CSP ready for when it does, but I'm thinking a jam sponge might be the best thing to use whilst exercising/going swimming, etc... I prefer pads tbh, but do like to have something available for those times when a pad isn't very practical.

The info I've read on how to care for the sponges has confused me a little - do you take it out, rinse and use it straight away again, or do you wash it in the machine after use? I thought I read that it has to be moistened before being popped in?

Sarah
x

My avatar
ktinkley
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby ktinkley » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:03 pm

Rinse and replace! then rinse in vinegar and leave to air dry at the end.

It does need to be damp to use it. :wink:

My avatar
megansmummy
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Re: Jam Sponge.

Postby megansmummy » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:18 am

Sarah, did you try one of these? im thinking of trying one after my pp bleeding has stopped once bump is here...just wondered how you were getting on with it?

Next

Return to Mums Things