hf1

Legs...

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Re: Legs...

Postby Annette » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:50 pm

I have forest legs at the moment, mostly because I can't reach / see them very well :lol: :lol:

But as Katie and Tory have already said, I now have very fine hair on my legs from epilating lots since I was about 15. I did alot of swimming / diving, so wanted something that lasted longer than just shaving and so one xmas or birthday got an epilator which is still going strong today :D

It takes a bit of getting used to I think - it isn't like shaving, it can take a while to remove all the hair, rather than just a smooth strip straight away iyswim, and it does tingle a bit but you soon get used to it.

And now, depsite having long hair on my legs at the moment, it isn't very noticeable as there is so little of it.
Last edited by Annette on Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My avatar
kt24
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby kt24 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:36 pm

I've had my epilator for ages. It does hurt at first but doesn't at all now. It works out much cheaper in the long run than buying razors/cream/wax and it really is true that I have hardly any hair left now. It used to take a while but now it takes maybe 5 minutes and like Annette said you can go ages between times because it's not very noticeable regrowth anyway.

I got a Philips one with my advantage card points at Boots when I first started there. It has an ice pack thing which goes in the freezer and then on the side. I used this a first but don't need it now. I had to do it for my own safety really I am hopeless with a razor and always managed to chop big holes in myself. :roll:

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:31 pm

I shave, sometimes get abit itchy but nothing major! :D

My avatar
Kybosh
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Kybosh » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:04 pm

I shave but not very often as I'm not very hairy :D I only need to do them every fortnight, but usually do them every five days or so. Even then you can hardly see my hair. And I'm dark :D

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Thankyou Moderators :)
Site Supporter

Postby Louise » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:34 pm

I shave but that's due to the fact that I'm a wimp and don't think I could bear the pain of using anything else! :lol: Since having my children though I seem to have hardly any hair on my legs or underarms so don't have to shave very often, probably once every 4-6 weeks at the moment. :oops: When I do shave I do get very itchy though and just lather on loads of olive oil for a couple of days afterwards. I can't use creams etc either because I have very sensitive skin on my legs and come out in a rash. :roll:

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:01 pm

I shave too, never really had a problem with itching.
One of my friends at uni had an epilator and we all tried it one night - sooo sore!

Joanne

My avatar
Shevi
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Shevi » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:17 pm

i usually wax, i used to shave, but also get itchy...so now only do when havent had time to wax.
i also get itchy from home wax kits so i go to a beautition every month-6 weeks ish

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:34 pm

I'm so glad reading this thread that I'm not the only one who goes around with furry legs a lot!! :D :oops: :lol:

I have to say when I was pregnant and for a good few months after Isabelle was born the hair on my legs was very fine so I didn't really need to shave, but it's gone back to normal now sadly :roll:

Rae wrote:I regularly wax my pits and pu's

Is "PU" what I think it is? :lol:

Might look into one of those 'ice' epilators if I'm feeling brave and rich nearer the summer then :)
Non spikey re-growth would be nice too...

My avatar
mabo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby mabo » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:10 pm

Velvetsteph wrote:Might look into one of those 'ice' epilators if I'm feeling brave and rich nearer the summer then :)
Non spikey re-growth would be nice too...

I have one of those too, and to be honest I rarely use the Ice bit. I think I used it twice? And that is with large intervals between epilating and shaving (as this is still the quicker option sometimes) and dont find it painful at all - more like tingle like someone else said.

They definitely give a smoother re-growth - although sometimes I'm left with ingrown hairs :shock: :evil: but I think that is because I go from shaving to epilating instead of doing just the one... :roll: :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Mums Things