hf1

That's it!! I'm converted. What do I need?

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: That's it!! I'm converted. What do I need?

Postby Heather London » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:12 am

With a heavy flow I always think its a good idea to have one or 2 PUL backed as they dont leak through at all - for days when youre out and about and just might not get to change when you need. (I also had a problem forgetting to change when I first got cloth pads as I forgot I was on AF as I was so comfortable and hardly any period pain :) )Wool and fleece are moisture resistant but will leak through when sodden.

There are 2 types of pads - those with absorbant wings and those just with small wings attaching the pads on at the back. The makes that have absorbent wings that have been mentioned are H Emporium (most of my stock but she does do the other type) Hollow Oak, Wee Notions. Those without are Go with The Flo, Puddlekins Slimbo (but she does do wraparound too). There is a real divide in opinion - some women want the slimness of the wings on the back: others prefer the extra protection/security of the absorbent wings.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:45 pm

Ohhhh fab - sure you won't regret it. I find i have less AF pains too as the tampons dry you and suck everything in. I have 1/2 days of heavy flow. I have a few different types (my stash pics on here somewhere)but my favs are titches stitches and puddlekins.

My avatar
Frances
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby Frances » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:51 pm

I'd recommend at least 18-20 if you're washing every 4 days. I prefer fleece backs, I find that they're as reliable as wool, although I agree that PUL is a good idea for really heavy days. I can change a pad evey hour or two on my heaviest days, although 5 in 24 hours is more usual.

I rinse my pads and keep them in a wet bag in the laundry basket then pop them in with everyday washes, so I wash them every day or two and re-use most pads during my cycle.

My avatar
Mareth
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Mareth » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:52 pm

mrssproggit wrote:I'm no csp expert, but just wondered if you would consider a mooncup? I was TOTALLY against the idea of it before trying it (the thought of washing out blood from it made me :puke: ), but am a complete convert now, and actually find it much easier than csp as I find I need to "change" (ie wash it out) a lot less than I would csp. Does that make sense?

Just putting it out there in case you hadn't already considered it :widesmile:

xx

PS is the website you're thinking of called luxury moon?

WSS, I love my mooncup, and don't really get on with CSP, although I never got on with pads anyway, so that could be why.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:53 pm

Thanks ladies. I haven't had a chance yesterday or today to look more into this but will be hopefully tomorrow.

My avatar
knees_on
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Site Supporter

Postby knees_on » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:55 pm

Sorry to butt in but I can't get over everything cloth!!!!!!!!!!! Love my nappies, made and wearing my breast pads which I love(BV) and they have made me seriously consider CSP just because of how I imagine the BV will feel. I don't really like sposie pads on their own, I feel a bit exposed. But recently the thought of using a tampon makes me cringe. Mooncups sound good if a bit icky and I feel a bit weird about having something in there. At least a tampon has string attached!! But (as with nappies) I feel like a period could be a treat having all that BV next to the skin. And I've always found sposie pads rub horribly.

BTW what does AF stand for?

My avatar
jasmine b
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jasmine b » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:18 pm

knees_on wrote:Sorry to butt in but I can't get over everything cloth!!!!!!!!!!! Love my nappies, made and wearing my breast pads which I love(BV) and they have made me seriously consider CSP just because of how I imagine the BV will feel. I don't really like sposie pads on their own, I feel a bit exposed. But recently the thought of using a tampon makes me cringe. Mooncups sound good if a bit icky and I feel a bit weird about having something in there. At least a tampon has string attached!! But (as with nappies) I feel like a period could be a treat having all that BV next to the skin. And I've always found sposie pads rub horribly.

i was wondering that - is it aunty flo? ive heard that before but no idea what an aunty has to do with menstruation - ive just bought my first csp - i got go with the flow and hollow oak and i thought i was in love with the GWTF until i got my HO - they are soo lovely! so soft and a real treat :D

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:48 am

jasmine b wrote:
knees_on wrote:Sorry to butt in but I can't get over everything cloth!!!!!!!!!!! Love my nappies, made and wearing my breast pads which I love(BV) and they have made me seriously consider CSP just because of how I imagine the BV will feel. I don't really like sposie pads on their own, I feel a bit exposed. But recently the thought of using a tampon makes me cringe. Mooncups sound good if a bit icky and I feel a bit weird about having something in there. At least a tampon has string attached!! But (as with nappies) I feel like a period could be a treat having all that BV next to the skin. And I've always found sposie pads rub horribly.

i was wondering that - is it aunty flo? ive heard that before but no idea what an aunty has to do with menstruation - ive just bought my first csp - i got go with the flow and hollow oak and i thought i was in love with the GWTF until i got my HO - they are soo lovely! so soft and a real treat :D

Yes AF is auntie Flo.....there are sooo many fab makes out there. I love puddlekins and titches stitches in particular. :D

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:58 am

i'm just changeing over to cps to as i find all spoies are just so drying and painful so i'm try cloth i'v got some puddlikins cokming and a weenotion wall to wall and an unknow one just looking at some hollw oak and some more i was wondering how many i would need too so thank you for staring this post :wine:

Previous

Return to Mums Things