hf1

Considering CSP - Way too much information!!

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: Considering CSP - Way too much information!!

Postby nic1 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:38 pm

Here is what Rae put on another post on this board:

Rae wrote:I was really worried when I got my wee notions csp, that they looked too thin (I was expecting it to be a lot thicker), anyway, this is the reply I got about it.
Hello Rae - just in case you are interested an A level student has been doing a project on our Fairies and comparing them to Always pads. She did a water soak test and our pads soaked up 9 yes nine times more water before it showed on the back of the pad then the Always. They may be slim but they are super absorbent!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:51 pm

Cheers Nic :)

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:36 pm

Wow, that's fantastic - I'll definitely be getting some then :)

Thanks everyone for your input.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:39 pm

You are welcome Tanya, no harm in trying them and as long as you get heavy/very heavy flow ones you will be fine i am sure. There are some on luxury moon that are lovely but for the very heavy flow ones they are pretty expensive for one pad. Weenotions are good though. Let us know what you decide on and of course once you have had chance to try them too next af how you find them too and how they coped.

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:23 pm

Part of the thing with CSP and mooncups is that without the chemicals in throwaway pads and tampons, loads and loads of people find their flow is much less anyway.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:10 am

trogette wrote:Part of the thing with CSP and mooncups is that without the chemicals in throwaway pads and tampons, loads and loads of people find their flow is much less anyway.

Yes i find this Tracy :D :D Not half as heavy now.

My avatar
tanya
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby tanya » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:32 pm

I put together an order from WeeNotions (without actually confirming it) and to get most of what I want/need will be about £50.

I told DH, who asked how much I usually spend on disposable stuff (about £5 pcm), and he said fine, place the order when we get paid. Yay!!

Now, can I sneak a nappy or three in there whilst I'm at it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:34 pm

Tanya, I am sure you could sneak a nappy in while you are at it - you could even have matching :lol: :lol: :lol:

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:39 pm

Yay to supportive dh's Tanya!!! Mine doesn't even know i use them, well i have never told him and he may have seen new pads drying but he's never asked. He doesn't get involved in anything remotely feminine hygiene wise :roll:

PreviousNext

Return to Mums Things