Pms/pmt

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Re: Pms/pmt

Postby Velvetsteph » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:32 pm

Kirstyh wrote:Steph remember H&B do a veggie Evening primrose oil :wink:

I couldn't find them last time I was in there though :?

My avatar
queen bee
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby queen bee » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:16 pm

I posted awbout this on here a while ago. I tried vit b, agnus castus, evening primrose, and st john's wort. It didn't make enough of a diference for me. I got desperate and went to the GP. He offered m a choice of going on the pill and anti-depressants. I've ben on the pill for a few weeks and so far so good - but it's still a bit early to tell if it is really helping. I think I'm feeling better. If not I'll be trying the anti-depressants - I can't carry on like it has been for the last few months.

My avatar
babylovesdisco
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby babylovesdisco » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:07 pm

thanks for all your advice ladies...i'm trying a bit of a combo- agnus castus, starflower (veggie one from sainsburys!), sjw, feverfew (for migraine) too soon to tell i guess....

the most helpful thing has been keeping a diary (like the "moon dial" mentioned in "red moon") to determine when i am likely to be at my best/ worst & trying to avoid added stresses when i feel i will be easily overwhelmed (not easy with 3 kids)

have also been much more open with dh who has been extra nice to me; esp when i tell him (clutching diary) "prepare yourself, we are about to enter the grumpy zone"

reckon its different for everyone :hug:
alison

Previous

Return to Mums Things