hf1

What do your friends think of your reusable Sanpro?

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: What do your friends think of your reusable Sanpro?

Postby nic1 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:06 am

Charliemum wrote:Talking about daughters using cloth sanpro - what age do you think it would be acceptable to introduce a Mooncup? I used tampons from the beginning (I was 13 or 14 I think) because I did alot of swimming but just wondered what people think about encouraging young girls to try a mooncup - I am really thinking ahead here though! :lol:

Errmmm not sure Annette, very forward planning though!!! :lol: :lol: Is there an age suggestion on their website at all. :? I definitely want Emma to use them though and will hopefully convert her with the prettiness of them!! :lol: :lol:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:18 am

Annette, I remember when I was looking into them I found a US site where the woman had tried EVERY menstrual cup on the market and for her daughter (can't remember her exact age but early teens) she got the Diva small one as apparently its the smallest one on the market. I used tampons from about 10 or 11 (got af just after turning 10 :shock: :shock: ).

I think if I had a daughter I'd encourage her to use them at home but for school etc I think dispos would be better. Can you imagine if some horrid boy found them in her bag?? :? :evil: :evil:

My friends all think I'm mad, I've spoken to everyone about MC and even showed it around when I first got it :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: Not shy me!!

My avatar
trogette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby trogette » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:25 pm

My two (home-edded) older ones both have periods and use cloth *most* of the time. I got some throwaway ones for dd1 when she went on an activity hol and they're slowly being used up. I got her some tampons then too, and a small MC. Neither of them are past the 'eww' factor of using tampons or MC yet, lol. Tbh I don't think there is an age as such, just when they're comfy enough with themselves to firtle around...

My avatar
emste76
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby emste76 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:21 pm

My oh thinks i am amd and most people including some of my family think i am mad even using cloth nappies. My mum doesn't know the omly other person that does know is my sil but then she used cloth nappies and cloth san pro. It doesn't bother me though.

My avatar
AnnetteandBen
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby AnnetteandBen » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:36 pm

Re daughters using tampons / mooncups. I used tampons right from my first period as they were lying around (didn't even tell my mum, until she spotted blood on my jeans after 2nd AF) and the only size indoors was large, but then large tampons would be smaller than mooncup I am guessing.

I think csp would be harder for girls to carry around / change at school, whereas mooncup no one would know it was there - but problems rinsing all day as loos normally have sinks outside.

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:54 pm

AnnetteandBen wrote:I think csp would be harder for girls to carry around / change at school, whereas mooncup no one would know it was there - but problems rinsing all day as loos normally have sinks outside.

That's simply enough solved - just do what I do when I'm at work which is to take a small bottle of water in with me and use that to rinse it... :)

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:50 pm

All my mates that i have told about csp think i'm a crazy mad woman (can't be far from the truth :lol: ) but my ex boss thought they were a fab idea so she asked me to make her some to swap for some of her knitted socks, at least one person was converted by my csp blabbering :hohoho:

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:54 pm

Only people I've told really seem to be reluctant to try it - but think it's a good idea :roll:
I'm working on my sister tho' :lol:

Previous

Return to Mums Things