hf1

I'm considering trying (you probably get this all the time)

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Re: I'm considering trying (you probably get this all the time)

Postby smilinglou » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:00 pm

This is great news, I just found a thread on a money forum and people were really sickened by it and said that it was such a daft idea, the thread turned full circle and people were trying them out and really encouraging it, I never thought of it, we had some people come to our school to give us a talk about periods but now looking back all the leaflets were plastered with 'always' logos and we had loads of free samples so you just go from there :|
hey ho, another thing to add to my giant 'natural is better' advertising banner to tape over big ben :giggle:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:39 am

I definitely found that my period pains were less when I changed over. I actually spoke to my gynacologist in France and Australia and they both said that it could be down to tampons (as Nic said) removing all the natural moisture but also they have microscopic fibres on them that can irritate the cervix causing pain / cramps.

I've been using them for over 4 years now and while it is an initial investment to get sorted it doesnt' take many cycles to pay it off - I'm well and truly in the black now and would have been within about 18 months I would say, if not less. I know I worked out that my Mooncup was going to cost me 3 months of disposable tampons so gave myself that long to get used to it (which wasn't needed - I was down a waterslide in the first week :giggle: ).

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:38 pm

Ahh I love csp they really are fantastic, I had another af :shock: only a couple of weeks later which turned out great as I could try the ones I got out, I've run out now but you really dont need as thick ones as with the disposbles if that makes sense, I cant believe how long they last and how clean they look when one has been on for a while, sorry if tmi but it's fantastic!

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:18 pm

I have af now and i just love how comfy the CSP are. So far no af pains either :wine:

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:48 pm

nic1 wrote:I have af now and i just love how comfy the CSP are. So far no af pains either :wine:

:wine:

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:55 pm

Yep I agree. I am on my second AF since I got my mooncup and its fab. No more cramp, lighter than it used to be and I use it overnight too. No more sore bits from the horrid plastic things like a crisp packet in your pants either!

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Heather London » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:36 pm

JenKyleKaitlinRoo wrote:. No more sore bits from the horrid plastic things like a crisp packet in your pants either!

:giggle: :giggle:

Previous

Return to Mums Things