hf1

I'm considering trying (you probably get this all the time)

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: I'm considering trying (you probably get this all the time)

Postby monsterm » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:15 pm

I'm new to csp, this is my 2nd month & I only have a few so I'm a part-time csp'er. I love them. I hate to admit it because I was very skeptical & I really hate blood :puke: I have already noticed that my af is shorter, less heavy & I have less cramps & pmt. I usually get very heavy af & I have a life time supply of ponston in my cupboard because I usually have to use it every month but not this time :D

At the moment, I have some puddlekins wool back, wn pul back & a few made by Amber, when she was making up a pattern for lls liners, that are also pul backed. Puddlekins are definately my faves. They are comfy & secure, you barely know they are there. Ambers are great too but I'm not really impressed with the wn.

HTH

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:31 pm

I dry pail and wash with the next clothes wash. I have a variety of different ones, all winged but my absolute favs are puddlekins (especially the slimbos) and the titches stitches pads that Karen (karenandgeorgia) on here makes. I prefer wool or fleece backed.

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:56 pm

tiyuricc wrote:i rinse mine in the sink until water runs clear, then store & wash with nappies every few days. if i'm out and about then i don't rinse.

WSS but sometimes i'll wash them with bathtowels as ds is only in night nappies.

My faves are Puddlekins,LLS Titches Stitches and JR. They are all bv or bamboo fleece topped and have a mixture of wool,fleece or PUL backing.

My avatar
angelsquidge
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby angelsquidge » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:44 pm

Definitely give them a go....they're not as :puke: as you'd first think lol! You'll feel much comfier for sure :D

My avatar
clothpixie
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby clothpixie » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:47 am

Definately try them........they are fab. I am coming up to my 4th cycle using csp and I will never go back to disposable sp again! My periods are not a thing I dread anymore. I get less cramps than I used to and I can tell you I do not miss the awful rashes and blisters that disposable sp used to give me!
My stash consists of puddlekins slimbos and flower collection (wool and fleece backed), titches stitches, and wee notions.
They are my favourites and they work so well for me.
I too rinse till the water runs clear and store them in a small wetbag until washing them. I usually wash them with the nappies or towels too.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:39 pm

I use a mix of CSP and a mooncup. I use the pads nearer the end and rinse them in the sink til they arent overly yucky anymore then bung them in with the nappies. I wash them with nappies or with towels as I wash them both the same (60C wash with little powder).

They are much more comfy than paper ones. I have Hollow oak and JR pads :)

My avatar
smilinglou
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby smilinglou » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:46 pm

monsterm wrote: I have already noticed that my af is shorter, less heavy & I have less cramps & pmt. I usually get very heavy af & I have a life time supply of ponston in my cupboard because I usually have to use it every month but not this time :D

HTH

Do they effect your cycle? :shock:

Thanks for the info everyone, I have some csp from here on the way to try out! Gah but af is so far away if I get it next month lol

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:23 pm

Yes i actually find i have less cramps when using CSP.

I have read that when using tampons they effectively suck in everything and our foo foos need a certain amount of moisture in there. I also think i have a slightly shorter cycle too sometimes!

My avatar
twinkletot
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby twinkletot » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:05 pm

I don't really have any cramps anymore and my cycle is a lot lighter than it was. Maybe a little shorter too.

PreviousNext

Return to Mums Things