hf1

How on earth am I gonna get it in?!?!?!

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

How on earth am I gonna get it in?!?!?!

Postby Ruth » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:39 am

Well my mooncup came today!! What a sweet little box and cute little bag..... for the enormous thing in side!!!! I am going to have to have a fiddle and a practise :lol: :lol: :lol:

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:05 am

PMSL Ruth! I was surprised when I first saw it but honest it's not that bad!

I use the fold in the instructions where you push one side down then fold iykwim.

Remember it doesn't have to go far in like tampax and you can cut the stem... i have cut most of mine of leaving about 5mm i think. took me a couple of days to get used to getting it out again so don't worry if you don't crack it straight away, just needs a bit of practice!

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Wed May 02, 2007 7:51 pm

I know I've got the smaller one but honestly it's not that bad...

And you get used to it - first cycle I found it a bit of a faff altho' comfortable once in but second cycle was much easier...

Don't forget you're "lubricated"(TMI SORRY!!! :shock: ) so it goes in easier...

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Thu May 03, 2007 8:04 am

PMSL Steph!! Thanks for that!

I'm getting on well with it now! I can't believe I am about to discuss this :lol: :lol: :lol:

I slept with it in last night, although no AF. Jack woke me up at 4 and I thought I better go check. I couldn't get it out :!: :!: :!: I was in a right panic for a bit :!: :? :? There was no way in this world that DF would have helped me get it out :!: :!: Anyway I chilled out a bit and sussed it and wayhay AF!!!!! So worth keeping it in jic!!!!! Well chuffed!

Now does it stop period pain? I wouldn't even know I was on this month no pain at all. How odd :?: :?

Anyway it's ace! Thanks to Hannah for converting me - nasty tampons be gone!!!!! xxx

My avatar
Velvetsteph
Cloth Nappy Clanger
Cloth Nappy Clanger

Postby Velvetsteph » Thu May 03, 2007 2:04 pm

Well I definately get less period pains using the cup than using tampons - I think because tampons are so absorbant they dry you out IYKWIM... Which makes any aches sooooo much worse!

I still get aches using the mooncup but it's just like a dull background ache...

My avatar
HannahBanana
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby HannahBanana » Thu May 03, 2007 2:33 pm

LOL Steph think there's about 3mm difference.

Ruth I had one hairy moment with mine too but think i put it in too far or it handed unfolded right so went up further (tmi :shock: ) I thought I might have to ask james to help me out but like you chilled out then i was sorted and since then no problems!

It did take a bit of getting used to but I loved not buying/using tampax this month! It is soooo much more convenient too especially with my nappy brain! I was always caught short with no tampax lol!

Glad you read the instructions properly in the end! numpty! pmsl! :lol:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu May 03, 2007 3:30 pm

:D :D :D Hooray lots of happy mooncuppers!!! I'm convinced I get less pain too, interesting to hear others say the same thing. Could also be no nastys leaching into your body :?: :idea:

Steph, glad to see you back, I've missed you :D :D :!:

Hannah dh actually said to me when I was raving about it 'It must feel so liberating not to be forced to buy all that stuff from the supermarket every month' and I thought he'd hit it on the head - damn right!! :D :D

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Thu May 03, 2007 5:16 pm

Do you know what... Hannah asked me the other day why we aren't told about things like mooncups! Hmmmmm that would be because the tampon making companies would go bust then!!!!

I am a bit bothered about it sucking my insides out though?! Is that possible? :? Suction seems quite strong! :shock:

My avatar
Ruth
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Ruth » Thu May 03, 2007 5:17 pm

Oh and yeah Hannah thanks for your help there!! I have cut the stem off now.

Next

Return to Mums Things