Mooncup know how needed

My avatar
Charleyjoe
Clothie
Clothie

Mooncup know how needed

Postby Charleyjoe » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:54 pm

Hi

After reading good things about mooncups have just got mine through the post. I've read all the info and I've got a question that might seem abit much but here goes

It says that the moon cup sits lower than a tampon so my question is how do you know if its too low or too high. I normally use tampax/tampons and know when they are right because I cant feel them.

Any info would be a help (but not TOO much if you know what I mean. :giggle: )

Sue

My avatar
nappynutter
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Mooncup know how needed

Postby nappynutter » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:02 pm

Experiment. :wink:

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:16 pm

it is exactly the same, you will know when it is right as you won't be able to feel it. I had to chop all of the stem off before mine was comfortable. I doubt you would be able to get it too high.

My avatar
Charleyjoe
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Charleyjoe » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:47 pm

Thanks for replying :D

I guess I just need to find some time to have a go before the end of this month.

Just one more thing any tips on escaping a very nosey 2yr old who always wants to help me whatever I'm doing :giggle:

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:18 pm

I also had to chop the entire stem off as i seem squint inside (TMI) and it rubbed on the inside. It certainly doesnt sit as high as a tampon.

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:26 pm

:oops: :oops: I was the opposite, I cut the stem off and then struggled getting it out without the stem. So don't cut it until you have experimented.

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:43 pm

Annette wrote:it is exactly the same, you will know when it is right as you won't be able to feel it. I had to chop all of the stem off before mine was comfortable. I doubt you would be able to get it too high.

WSS. Practice a fair bit too to get used to getting it in and out easily as i found it a bit harder getting it out once id chopped stem off but only for a few times.

Ill be like a complete novice again once ive given birth and need to use it again :giggle:

My avatar
happytails
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby happytails » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:45 pm

Charleyjoe wrote:Just one more thing any tips on escaping a very nosey 2yr old who always wants to help me whatever I'm doing :giggle:

Tough one. Nap times/bedtime? Give LO some fruit/cereal in the next room with TV on and nip in loo?

I find i dont need to empty it as much as change a tampon, you might get away with doing it 1-3 times a day

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:48 pm

how about first trying it in the shower?

Ben did walk in on me in the loo once and as always said 'what doing mummy?' erm nothing! :giggle:

Next

Return to Mums Things