hf1

Mooncup know how needed

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Re: Mooncup know how needed

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:16 pm

Woozle35 wrote::oops: :oops: I was the opposite, I cut the stem off and then struggled getting it out without the stem. So don't cut it until you have experimented.

Ahh I just shoved my finger up the side of it to get it out :oops:

Defo experiment first though just incase you do need the stem then.

My avatar
Woozle35
Cloth Nappy Disciple
Cloth Nappy Disciple

Postby Woozle35 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:21 pm

JenKyleKaitlinRoo wrote:
Woozle35 wrote::oops: :oops: I was the opposite, I cut the stem off and then struggled getting it out without the stem. So don't cut it until you have experimented.

Ahh I just shoved my finger up the side of it to get it out :oops:

I cant believe I am saying this, I had to get the booklet out as I could not reach it :oops: The booklet told me to push my muscles to move it down. It worked. i was having a slight panic though and it was 3am :oops: :oops: :oops: :giggle:

My avatar
mrssproggit
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby mrssproggit » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:50 pm

I wouldn't cut the stem off to start with (well, ok, maybe you'd want to trim it a little!). I spend AGES the first time I used it just trying to get the stem length right so I could "reach" it easily enough but not be in agony because it was too long. Having said that, I ended up virtually cutting the whole darn thing off anyway, so felt like a bit of a waste of time!! :roll:

As for getting used to it, I found I'd actually gotten used to using it by the end of a period without having practiced with it at all before period started. And I too found I didn't need to change it half as often as I did with tampons.

And finally, how to distract a toddler .... I could do with tips on that one too please!! :hohoho: :lookround:

xx

My avatar
Charleyjoe
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Charleyjoe » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:08 am

Hi just a quick update

Tips on distracting a toddler whilst experimenting with Mooncup:
Bag of Jelly Tots and Toy Story dvd. I'm sure I wont win Mother of the year award but needs must :giggle:

Mooncup
Have finally found a reason to have long cervix (medical term not mine) because you dont have to trim the Mooncup. :wink:

So I'm all set for the end of the month Yay Me!

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:05 pm

Fab

On the stem thing though, I never used the stem to pull it out as it is best if you give it a little squeeze first to break the seal before pulling, that's if you can reach it of course :wink:

My avatar
Charleyjoe
Clothie
Clothie

Postby Charleyjoe » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:35 pm

Just wanted to 'share' first month using the mooncup and all I can say is 'Why wasn't I told about it sooner????' :lol:

Found it really easy to use and wont be using anything else again. I go cruising a lot (hubby a marine engineer) and you cant dispose of anything in toilets that is, how shall I put this, not natural. So the mooncup will be so much easier as is it less to pack and makes things easier to dispose of.

Might have to investigate the use of csp now for the last day/added security. :giggle:

Previous

Return to Mums Things