hf1

CSP advice please!

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

CSP advice please!

Postby Mumof5 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:03 pm

Sorry if TMI! :oops: I am pregnant at the mo, I have suffered with a 'weak bladder' for years and I am FED UP of buying disposable pads all the time. I am also thinking ahead to post partem and beyond, I am going to be using cloth nappies with bubba from the start, so it makes sense to me to just wash my pads along with the nappies!
I have looked on the 'Luxury Moon' website, and I think that I have settled on the ' Florence soya/organic cotton Selene' pad, and also the 'Heavy' pad by the same company. Both are wool backed, which I think that I will get on better with than the PUL backed ones. Does anyone have any experience with these pads, or can anyone recommend something better? :lookround: At £6-£8 a pad, I can't really afford to get something that doesn't work for me.

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Re: CSP advice please!

Postby Louise » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:48 am

Are you talking about using them as PP pads? TBH I don't think they'd be any good for straight after the birth but will probably be fine once the flow slows down a bit. I know they won't for me anyway as my AF is very heavy as is my PP flow for the first few days but all women are different so what works for one person may not work for another. I have Jimmy Riddles Postpartum pads and HER Ultimates to use straight away and then some heavy and night pads after that.

My avatar
tiyuricc
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby tiyuricc » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:54 am

i had one of those florence soy ones for postpartum use... but didn't use it until it had all slowed down a bit. if you're thinking about using it for weak bladder ... again, i'd be doubtful but i suppose it depends on the volume. since urine is more fluid than AF, it is more likely to just run straight through the pad.

My avatar
Mumof5
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Mumof5 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:13 am

Thanks for the advice! I think I'm gonna have a go at making my own, worth a try I think!

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby Heather London » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:24 pm

If for urine it is recommended that you use PUL to back as its the most waterproof. Wool and fleece are water resistant.

Return to Mums Things