hf1

Looking to convert to CSP? Need advice

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Looking to convert to CSP? Need advice

Postby labbiefan » Sun May 15, 2011 11:50 am

Hi Ladies- Well i've got on so well with cloth nappies for my Lo I've thought about changing to CSP myself- just looking for recommends please? :hug:

Also does anyone manage to use CSP whilst at work or do you mainly use at night and at home? If you use at work do you have little 'wet/dirty' bags- IYKWIM-

Many thanks in advance X

sorry thought of some more things to ask :roll:
would you wash the same as nappies- Rinse wash- then a 60 wash?

Also I don't use tampons as they just don't suit me- plus I have lots of post birth scar tissue so pads are defo the best route for now- Thanks again x

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Looking to convert to CSP? Need advice

Postby littlesez » Sun May 15, 2011 11:58 am

I use puddlekins and they are THE best :giggle: ok i have actually only tried 2 types but tahts because they are fab so dont need any others but im sure there are loads of other breands out there too.

I have a small wetbag for out and about I actually can not imagine wearing disps now and hate it when i have swimming days :evil:

My avatar
dawnsmummy
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby dawnsmummy » Sun May 15, 2011 12:04 pm

Agree with Sara, I love my Slimbos (Puddlekins/Little Gumnut!). Half my stash is Slimbos and I want some more :lookround:
If you can sew, they're very easy to make yourself! :wine:

And I have a little fleece pouch from Nappies By Minkie that I use. I just fold the CSP up on it'sself so the 'dirty' side is inside, iygwim? And then fasten the wings so it stays shut, and then pop it in the bag. They're only about 70p or something daft, so you could easily buy two, one for clean, one for dirty.
I do really want one of the new bags from Little Gumnut though :lookround:

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Bluebell » Sun May 15, 2011 12:57 pm

http://www.luxurymoon.co.uk/
http://www.honouryourflow.co.uk/

My 2 favourite websites after CNT of course (since I now have a more than ample nappy stash for DD and the new baby :giggle: )

Highly recommend everything that is OBV topped. Best thing is to get a few different ones, different sizes, tops and backs and see which you prefer. Personally I like fleece backed more and not a fan of PUL, but it depends on your flow. I'm fairly light I think. Don't really recommend cotton tops as they stain a bit (well, mine have!).

PS - didn't answer the question about work because I was pregnant by the time I went back to work after maternity leave :giggle:

ETA - I just put the used pads in a wetbag and wash at the end of my AF (rinse cycle followed by a 40 wash)... I did wash with the nappies but I found that they didn't dry in time to be used again that same month anyway (I have 4-5 day cycles and dry indoors) so might as well just wash them all in one go. Don't wash them too hot because heat sets in the blood stains :wink:

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Sun May 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Another vote for puddlekins. They are my fav too.

My avatar
nic1
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby nic1 » Sun May 15, 2011 4:25 pm

I love puddlekins and my pads made by a WAHM on here called Karen who has titches stitches (see WAHM wonders section on here) but don't think Karen makes them all the time. Could always pm her here. :wink:

I love OBV (organic bamboo velour) topped best although got a couple of minkee topped too. My pads are mainly fleece or wool backed.

I do use them out and about and at work. I take a bag with me in my handbag that stores both clean and used ones in same bag but in seperate compartments - mine is a weenotion one. I don't rinse mine till i get home as prefer to do that at home as opposed to public places. I rinse off when get home and store till next wash in a lidded bin that i keep in the bathroom.

Soooo easy to use, alot more comfier than disp pads and also makes my af more bearable as i get less cramping/pain when using CSP. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My avatar
labbiefan
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby labbiefan » Mon May 16, 2011 11:46 am

thanks for the tips ladies- been looking at lots (and lots) of sites- defo going to go for it- may have to wait a couple of weeks until I'm back at work following maternity leave and got the spare cash to get started-x

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:49 am

thanks for advice - i'm going to start with csp soon! can't wait! x

My avatar
Bluebell
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict