hf1

Whats your opinion on the mooncup

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Re: Whats your opinion on the mooncup

Postby monsterm » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:33 pm

Can I ask what you do when you need to wee? Do you have to take it out or does it not intervere?

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:47 pm

It sits in the same place as a tampon so no it doesn't interfere.

I used one before I had DD, with the exception of the first day of my period I only had to empty it morning and night. I've used CSP since she was born but would like to get another mooncup (or similar) now, though we're TTC so I think I'll wait a while.

My avatar
monsterm
Cloth Nappy Worshipper
Cloth Nappy Worshipper

Postby monsterm » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:51 pm

Asta wrote:It sits in the same place as a tampon

I know that :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: I just thought that some of it stays outside the body. Obviously not though. It seems very big to putting in but I suppose 2 baby heads came out & it aint that big.

My avatar
Asta
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby Asta » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:01 pm

monsterm wrote:
Asta wrote:It sits in the same place as a tampon

I know that :hohoho: :hohoho: :hohoho: I just thought that some of it stays outside the body. Obviously not though. It seems very big to putting in but I suppose 2 baby heads came out & it aint that big.

I thought it was a very 'school ladies talk' type question :giggle:

You can leave the stem on so it nearly comes all the way out, I cut it off mine though.

My avatar
JenKyleKaitlinRoo
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby JenKyleKaitlinRoo » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:42 pm

They sit a lot lower than a tampon. I had to cut the whole stem off as otherwise it hung out to much and rubbed me. Its still easy to get out as I can fit my finger round the side to break the seal.

My avatar
weebee
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby weebee » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:48 pm

I used one before having my baby and loved it- never leaked or anything. I plan to start using it again after my 6 week check, though am thinking that I will now need the next size up?!

My avatar
123princesssammie
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby 123princesssammie » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:51 pm

ok im going to order one tonight :wine:

think im going to go for the meluna as they are cheaper at about £13.50 on the feminewear website,

question is what size, small, medium or large (ive had one vaginal birth, am 23, and a light flow except for first day which is about a medium)
and do i go for a stem, ball, or ring end bit? and basic or softer style?

im a tad confused :hohoho:

My avatar
lisamarie3
Clothie
Clothie

Postby lisamarie3 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:46 pm

I love my mooncup too and look forward to blowing the dust off it when my cycle returns after BF. I started using it when TTC and was down after 4 months of nothing and then as soon as I started using it I got my BFP the next cycle! x

Previous

Return to Mums Things