hf1

Whats your opinion on the mooncup

My avatar
Gladys
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Re: Whats your opinion on the mooncup

Postby Gladys » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:27 am

I've just bought a Femmecup. I've got to give it a go, it does sound good!

My avatar
coastal
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby coastal » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:56 am

I love my Mooncup! I found it a steep learning curve (particularly getting it out :giggle: ) but posted elsewhere asking for hints and tips and it's been a dawdle ever since. :D
I love that I can put it in before going out when I know my period is about to start and can just forget about it, rather than having to keep going to the toilet to check, like I had to do when using tampons.
They do seem expensive, but if you total up how much you spend on tampons every month, it doesn't take too long before you start saving money.

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:57 am

I'd like to try one.. but I really like the csp :oops: I might try one of those sponge things.. they just seem a little more natural.. and possibly a bit softer LOL

My avatar
Annette
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk

Postby Annette » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:53 am

I love my mooncup and love even more the money it saves me. Then of course there is no waste, just a quick wash and you are ready to use it again :)

My avatar
50ftQueenie
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby 50ftQueenie » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:57 am

Annette wrote:I love my mooncup and love even more the money it saves me. Then of course there is no waste, just a quick wash and you are ready to use it again :)

WSS. I wasn't convinced when I first heard of them but would NEVER go back now. So much easier, no squeaky cotton wool <shudder> and no more spending a depressing amount of money on leaky horrible tampons. :wine:

My avatar
VICKERSHOUSE
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby VICKERSHOUSE » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:14 pm

Been debating this myself for the last couple of months, but i think i will invest in one and give it a a go too :thumbsup:

My avatar
stacey10782010
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby stacey10782010 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:15 pm

i have the mooncup and it is amazing,take a bit of getting used to but once uve got the nak its great.i put it in in the morning and empty it at night and put back in,so during the day i dont even think about it.i have to put it higher up than recomended coz i could feel it at recommended position,and also had to cut quite a bit of the stalk off.the first cycle is just about getting it right and then ur a pro :D go for it ul wish u had taken the plunge years ago and the cost well,its about 3mths of towels and tampons then your saving money as i dont need to use anything else,and i was leaking with tampons

My avatar
Caroline
Cloth Nappy Aficionado
Cloth Nappy Aficionado

Postby Caroline » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:16 pm

50ftQueenie wrote:
Annette wrote:I love my mooncup and love even more the money it saves me. Then of course there is no waste, just a quick wash and you are ready to use it again :)

WSS. I wasn't convinced when I first heard of them but would NEVER go back now. So much easier, no squeaky cotton wool <shudder> and no more spending a depressing amount of money on leaky horrible tampons. :wine:

No stinky waste either :puke:

My avatar
WeeNotions
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby WeeNotions » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:21 pm

I love mine too :D, I bought a different one too (a different brand), but I don't like it as much as my Mooncup, it's not as squashy, if that makes sense. I've just googled it and I think the other one might be a Lunette.

PreviousNext

Return to Mums Things