Postby claire82piglet » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:08 am

Thanks Lucie and Nic off to have a look :-) xx

My avatar
claire82piglet
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Re: My stash :) with reviews!

Postby claire82piglet » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:35 pm

Sorry I don't know if i'm allowed to do this :-? but i'm planning on putting in an order for some blossom pads (http://www.blossom-pads.com) as they've got 40% off at the mo and wondered if anyone from the UK wanted to join me so we could save on shipping ($4.33 for 2, $6.33 for 3)

PM me if you're interested, they're really reasonable with 40% off :wink:

Put in an order tonight :-) so 3 pads (2x12" super and 1x14" super was £18 including postage) but think I could still add to this for a few days so if anyone wants too let me know.

Thanks Claire xx

My avatar
jclmellor
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Postby jclmellor » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:57 am

the blossom pads are lovely but i just had a look on the website and it's a US store - did you have to pay import taxes (or whatever it is called!) to receive them in the UK? x

My avatar
mummy_mi
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby mummy_mi » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:32 am

jclmellor wrote:the blossom pads are lovely but i just had a look on the website and it's a US store - did you have to pay import taxes (or whatever it is called!) to receive them in the UK? x

I ordered some CSP from the US and got caught with £12.50 in customs which is a bit rubbish as I thought they only charged for bits over $50 and mine came to $45 :S

My avatar
jennyclaire
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby jennyclaire » Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:42 am

mummy_mi wrote:
jclmellor wrote:the blossom pads are lovely but i just had a look on the website and it's a US store - did you have to pay import taxes (or whatever it is called!) to receive them in the UK? x

I ordered some CSP from the US and got caught with £12.50 in customs which is a bit rubbish as I thought they only charged for bits over $50 and mine came to $45 :S

I don't agree with customs charges. Why do our government think they have the right to charge us for buying something from another country!!! My hubby bought some cycle clothing from a charity (livestrong) in America and was charged some ridiculous customs charges. If anyone should get it, it should have been that livestrong charity!!

rant over :)

My avatar
fivefourfour
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby fivefourfour » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:33 am

mummy_mi wrote:

Did you claim back? For some reason, they often b****r up and charge you when they shouldn't. I know Louise has been incorrectly charged in the past and claimed it back. Can't get the Post Office fee back though, which annoys me the most, it's ridiculously excessive.

I've only ever been charged for a big thing of nappies, everything else I've ordered has got through customs fine.

Previous

Return to Mums Things