hf1

What a stash!!!

My avatar
Heather London
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: What a stash!!!

Postby Heather London » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:48 am

I'm looking for some more CSP made in Australia and stumbled across this stash!

wow never seen a stash like that!

My avatar
cherobanne
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby cherobanne » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:03 am

:shock: :shock:

Joanne

My avatar
pinkydinkydoo
Cloth Nappy Addict
Cloth Nappy Addict

Postby pinkydinkydoo » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:47 pm

Tis a bit stange :?

My avatar
Mummyto4
Cloth Nappy Lover
Cloth Nappy Lover

Postby Mummyto4 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:19 pm

Erm.............WOW!!

My avatar
babyroo
Cloth Nappy Goddess
Cloth Nappy Goddess

Postby babyroo » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:25 pm

:shock: OMG how much must that have cost???????

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Thu May 21, 2009 10:14 pm

omg.. no way.. she could start the worlds first san pro museum! - or actually.. I guess she has already!! Also... why why are they sooo ohugely expensive?! Its a tiny amount of material, it takes seconds to zip round it with an overlocker, and one or two snaps.. I jsut dont see where the money goes!!!!! You could make them easily on the scarps of nappy making!! Think I'll put it on my todo list ;) I made some custom nappies yestoday with minkee galeto.. and have bits left in huckleberry and the citrus one..... brb!!!!!

My avatar
ems
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby ems » Thu May 21, 2009 11:12 pm

ok, couldn't resist, please dont judge my sewing!!! I only used the thread that was already in the overlocker, and the tension was all set up for nappies, and as it was perfect this afternoon I'm not changing it!! LOL K total cost for 2 very small pieces of bamboo jersey fleece, and one small layer of minkee.. and one complete snap unit .. about 55p ;) Total time taken to cut and loverlock it together, and place a snap in hopefully the right position.. 10 minutes.

ok.. I should pinned it together, its stretchy stuff.... and maybe I should have drawn out a template first instead of overlocking freehand, as its not quite symetrical, and the edges have folded underneath a bit.. but for three bits of scrap material joined together, its starting to look like the beginings of a mums cloth!!Image

K.. could I ask.. anyone that uses them.. their favourite shape.. and preferences for wings and how many poppers etc?

My avatar
Joaninha
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby Joaninha » Fri May 22, 2009 7:12 am

:shock: :shock:
but also :hohoho: :hohoho: (she actually calls them "my pretties" - Smeagel, anyone?) :hohoho: :hohoho:
I can also understand the obsession, though...

My avatar
beck
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Cloth Nappy Ninky Nonk
Site Supporter

Postby beck » Fri May 22, 2009 7:24 am

ems wrote:ok, couldn't resist, please dont judge my sewing!!! I only used the thread that was already in the overlocker, and the tension was all set up for nappies, and as it was perfect this afternoon I'm not changing it!! LOL K total cost for 2 very small pieces of bamboo jersey fleece, and one small layer of minkee.. and one complete snap unit .. about 55p ;) Total time taken to cut and loverlock it together, and place a snap in hopefully the right position.. 10 minutes.

ok.. I should pinned it together, its stretchy stuff.... and maybe I should have drawn out a template first instead of overlocking freehand, as its not quite symetrical, and the edges have folded underneath a bit.. but for three bits of scrap material joined together, its starting to look like the beginings of a mums cloth!!Image

K.. could I ask.. anyone that uses them.. their favourite shape.. and preferences for wings and how many poppers etc?

Thats really good! I Like them to be a similar shape to the one you made, hour glass. If you start another thread
on them you may get more replies :)

PreviousNext

Return to Mums Things