hf1

How does this sound for training pants?

My avatar
Rufies mama
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

How does this sound for training pants?

Postby Rufies mama » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:11 pm

I'm making an experimental pair of training pants for my wee one ('scuse the pun). I had planned to put a layer of PUL just in the front wet zone, however, I'm not sure it's necessary. So far they're bamboo velour outer, with bamboo terry inner (was a nature babies terry nappy) so that he can feel the wetness. In the wet zone I've put one layer of heavy bamboo fleece and one layer of zorb 1.
Do these need PUL aswell or shall I give it a miss? I expect to have to change clothes but would like to avoid puddles on the floor and wet shoes.
Thanks in advance for your input. :wave: x

My avatar
Mummyof4
Clothie
Clothie

Re: How does this sound for training pants?

Postby Mummyof4 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:42 am

For toilet training, I would think that would be enough. It all depends on your little person. My DS no.2 would quite happily wee all over the shop, the floor, his shoes, everywhere, and it took 12 months to get him clean and dry during the day. DS no.3 was clean and dry in 7 days. If you have a problem, you could always make some more with a pul layer, but you might then encounter the problem that it feels too much like a nappy, and he might decide to use it as a nappy. If LO gets wet pants, or trousers, socks, etc, it might encourage him to actually go to the loo, as he doesnt like being that wet.

Just my random thinking as it comes out of my head......

Return to DIY and share your projects!