hf1

Blanket - finished!

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Blanket - further opinions needed!

Postby autumnalgirl » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:45 pm

clothmama wrote:Did you end up trying out the border?

Sorry lots of questions but I'm mentally planning baby's one, I think I'll do this sort for him. How did you choose your colours and how do you decide to make it random but still look nice? I'm stressed that I'll get myself in a pickle every time I need to choose the next colour! @autumnalgirl

I chose the colours by buying balls of wool I liked! I didn't even buy them together, just whenever I saw one I liked! The next randomness (if that makes sense) was roughly thought of whilst doing the previous stripe, I then held the two strands together to check I liked them before carrying on. There is only one strip I really don't like and that was chosen in poor light, lesson learnt! For me it either had to completely regular in it's stripes or completely random. I am both of these in reality, OCD about certain things and possibly too relaxed about others!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Re: Blanket - further opinions needed!

Postby clothmama » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:42 pm

Ohhh I like it, I think that finishes it off really nicely!

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Re: Blanket - finished!

Postby autumnalgirl » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:44 am

Finally finished! :yahoo:

My avatar
autumnalgirl
Cloth Nappy Passionata
Cloth Nappy Passionata

Postby autumnalgirl » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:44 am

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:18 am

Oh it is really lovely @autumnalgirl , you have done a great job! I'm seriously impressed at how much you got done so quickly.

I'm looking forward to starting baby's blanket as I'm hoping that it will be quicker to do a more granny type stitch as I think that must go up quicker. :crochet:

Previous

Return to DIY and share your projects!