hf1

Nappy and stuff

My avatar
InkMinx
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Nappy and stuff

Postby InkMinx » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:37 am

I had a go at making my first nappy this week. I used bamboo terry and bamboo fleece to make a birth to potty nappy with popper adjustable rise and applix fastening. I added poppers inside to also add a snap in booster. Its made with 2 layers of terry and 1 of fleece in the inside and dyed with kook-aid.
Its been a bit of a leaving curve and there are things I will do differently next time. Mainly that although the fleece is meant to be the most absorbent fabric its to thick and has no give to use int he nappy itself, as you can't get much gather on the elasticated sections Next time I shall use just the terry on the nappy then make the booster with the fleece, so its still fleece that will be next to the bum. Let me know you thoughts anyway. x

Also made this wrap and vest combo for him. Still have some of the fabric left so may make booties or a sunhat to go with it

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Re: Nappy and stuff

Postby littlesez » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:27 am

fab! I have used fleece for inners no problem what fleece have you got x

My avatar
InkMinx
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby InkMinx » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:11 am

Its 340g bamboo fleece from Plush Addict. Apparently its the most absorbent fabric they do. Its thicker than the polar fleece that I use to make liners, so it just causes an issue when elaticating the legs and back as it doesn't allow the fabric to gather and flex much.

My avatar
laceybat
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby laceybat » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:18 am

gorgeous baby. love the wrap as well

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:36 am

That looks fab! Great job :thumbsup: ! I think your idea of putting it on a liner would work as with any non lined nappy that you add a liner to. I look forward to seeing your next effort :D

He is gorgeous! How old is he?

My avatar
InkMinx
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby InkMinx » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:44 pm

Thanks. Cooper is now 5 weeks old :)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:30 am

@InkMinx what pattern / instructions did you use? I'm getting through the cutting stage of some NB nappies but have just bought some other supplies so want to make maybe a bit bigger / small sized as well.

My avatar
InkMinx
Cloth Nappy Follower
Cloth Nappy Follower

Postby InkMinx » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:44 am

I used this as my template, it comes up very similar to the totsbots birth to potty size. I then just added a couple of snaps to the inside to allow for a snap in booster once Cooper is a bit bigger Image

My avatar
littlesez
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Supporter

Postby littlesez » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:10 pm

Ah I see it's bamboo Fleece! That's completely different to man made fleece that I use. Sorry I got confused :lol:

Return to DIY and share your projects!