Baby blanket sizes?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Baby blanket sizes?

Postby clothmama » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:49 am

Hi I'm needing to make a couple of blankets, one a crochet one and then one (or possibly more) minkee soft ones. I dont' know what size to do, I am happy for the minkee one to be more baby sized but would be nice if the crochet one went to at least toddler and even beyond as a lap blanket, not bothered about it being full cot bed size or anything.

What size to do you like for little people? Have you got a blanket that you love the size of or just one that you could measure for me?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: Baby blanket sizes?

Postby sim » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:42 am

The crochet rainbow granny stripe one I made for Lachlan is roughly the size of a cot blanket and proves popular as a lap blanket for Ewan (he's asked me to make h one of his own...!)
Lachlan sleeps under it I'm his cot for naps in cooler weather and grabs it for snuggles a lot of the time. He'll be out of grobags come autumn so will probably use it at night then too.
It is too big for the car seat or pushchair though - I have a smaller one for that.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:21 pm

Could you measure it for me please @sim ? I have nothing here and searching online is just confusing, there seem to be so many options of sizes!!! While you have your measure out how big is your pram one? :widesmile: :widesmile:

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:00 pm

@clothmama

The pram one (made by someone else) is about 60cm by 95cm.

The rainbow blanket is roughly 90 x 120cm
In use today (god knows why as it is warm here!)

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:08 pm

Thank you :) i think mine will be about the 90x 120 or possibly a fraction smaller so that sounds like it will be OK then - phew :dancing: !!!

Bless him with the blanket! Louis is the same, would rather be under a blankie and be too hot!!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:44 am

sim wrote:The pram one (made by someone else) is about 60cm by 95cm.

OK so now I'm trying to work out the cutting of my Minki and what sized blankets I'll get from it! @sim how is this pram size? Would I be able to get away with any smaller than this or do you find it the perfect size?

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Postby sim » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:50 am

You could definitely do smaller, it's just the size I used in the pram not a specific 'pram size' IYSWIM?

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:13 am

sim wrote:You could definitely do smaller, it's just the size I used in the pram not a specific 'pram size' IYSWIM?

Ahhh OK I see, I'll have to have a play and work out what I'm going to do!

Return to DIY and share your projects!