hf1

Baby Blanket :) Ta da!

My avatar
Bernadette
Cloth Nappy Nutter
Cloth Nappy Nutter

Re: Baby Blanket :)

Postby Bernadette » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:05 pm

Looks great :thumbsup: I wish I could do that. I have a granny square class on the 12th August so hopefully will pick it up!

My avatar
Bugglyboo
Sucker for Cloth Nappies
Sucker for Cloth Nappies

Postby Bugglyboo » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:57 pm

That looks fab. I love that pattern and it's on my list of to do's.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:42 am

Updated first post with progress to today:

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:15 am

@Pinchette my bobbles aren't very bobbly - are yours? I'm not sure if I've done them wrong or if I need to wrap a thread around them to make them more bobbly - mine just seem a bit flat :cry: I think the next row of them I may try to go up a hook size to do them.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:44 pm

clothmama wrote:@Pinchette my bobbles aren't very bobbly - are yours? I'm not sure if I've done them wrong or if I need to wrap a thread around them to make them more bobbly - mine just seem a bit flat :cry: I think the next row of them I may try to go up a hook size to do them.

Ignore me - I was 4 rows later and realised my blanket was missing 25 stitches :shock: :shock: :panic: after calming down I just counted until I worked out it was just back at the bobbles my problems had started and I'd done them totally wrong so have just frogged it all and redone them and they are proper little balls of bobble now :yahoo: :crochet: :yahoo:

My avatar
Pinchette
Cloth Nappy Fanatic
Cloth Nappy Fanatic

Postby Pinchette » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:52 pm

clothmama wrote:
clothmama wrote:@Pinchette my bobbles aren't very bobbly - are yours? I'm not sure if I've done them wrong or if I need to wrap a thread around them to make them more bobbly - mine just seem a bit flat :cry: I think the next row of them I may try to go up a hook size to do them.

Ignore me - I was 4 rows later and realised my blanket was missing 25 stitches :shock: :shock: :panic: after calming down I just counted until I worked out it was just back at the bobbles my problems had started and I'd done them totally wrong so have just frogged it all and redone them and they are proper little balls of bobble now :yahoo: :crochet: :yahoo:

I'm not too impressed with my bobbles either, they are wobbly but sometimes disappear back in the blanket and are not as sticky as I would like them to be. I also find it a bit annoying that you can see the colour of the bobble yarn in the other yarn.

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:03 pm

Pinchette wrote:I'm not too impressed with my bobbles either, they are wobbly but sometimes disappear back in the blanket and are not as sticky as I would like them to be. I also find it a bit annoying that you can see the colour of the bobble yarn in the other yarn.

Now that I've redone them mine are not too wobbly, I made sure I did them quite loose, I know what you mean about them going back, I have gently tempted them out with a round handle. I think that is a good reason to back it - i think I've definitely decided to back it in a soft flannelette to hid the back, make it less likely to go out of shape and stop little fingers getting stuck! The first bobble colour I tried the line of thread through it looked really bed but I tried a different colour and made sure it was nice and straight and to the back before starting each new one and then taking it to the end sand it looks OK now like it is part of the design. You could always start fresh with each bobble and tie off at the back which may actually make it more ball like and less likely to come thorugh?

My avatar
Louise
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox

Postby Louise » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:37 pm

Looking great so far!

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:12 am

Oh my I ended up so cross with this that I had to put it aside for nearly 2 weeks! I got so upset, after frogging back so many rows due to the missing 25 stitiches I then redid it and manged to add 10 stitches :x :x I got so frustrated I had to leave it! A couple of nights ago I just frogged it again and calmly redid it and it is now fine, go figure! I'll update my progress pics tomorrow when it is light. Just happy I'm on the road again :widesmile: :crochet:

PreviousNext

Return to DIY and share your projects!