hf1

How does this sound?

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

How does this sound?

Postby BekkiLB » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:14 pm

I have an ever expanding list of things I want to make how ever since Blaine started walking this week we are having a lot of bumping onto his bottom and pee shooting out of the MF inserts :shock: I've been wanting to make new inserts for a while because I just don't like microfiber! I have bamboo fleece, zorb and terry squares so I'm hoping I'll be able to make something that will work a bit better combining the 3 of them. I'm thinking most likely a layer of zorb with a later of bamboo each side and some with terry and bamboo. I'll be hand sewing the lot as I gave up on fixing/replacing my sewing machine when It died last month. Thoughts and tips please :thumbsup:

P.S I'm planning on making them very long so that I can unfold them to dry quicker as no tumble dryer. So tenchically 2 zorb and 4 bamboo. X

My avatar
sim
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman
Cloth Nappy Wise Woman

Re: How does this sound?

Postby sim » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:52 pm

:thumbsup:
Sound good to me, though I'd not have the patience to hand sew!!

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:03 pm

I didn't think I would have the patience either but it's strangely therapeutic! I've already done one nappy for him and the longest bit is just the top stitching as I try to take more care so it looks more polished. Took about 5 hours all together over 3 nights. X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:39 pm

Wow I'm impressed at your dedication! :sew: and I don't get on at all, DH does most of it in this house!

I made very long 2 layer hemp boosters that then fold into 3 to give 6 layers which I'd then top with a MF or bamboo one. What you have said sounds good :D

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:38 am

I'm quite chuffed with myself! Needs washed again tho as OH spilled irn bru on it and then need to put an iron over it to try seal any little holes. Can't wait to try it out!!! X

My avatar
clothmama
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Cloth Nappy Chatterbox
Site Admin

Postby clothmama » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:19 am

That is fantastic @BekkiLB looks really really good! Not sure mine will look as professional as that! Make sure you update if you do more! Have you got more planned?

My avatar
BekkiLB
Cloth Nappy Groupie
Cloth Nappy Groupie

Postby BekkiLB » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:38 am

Saw yours this morning they are wonderful! Yeah I have more planned but I think I'll be doing them slightly different and using the prefolds I have sewn in with an extra snap in booster. I'm needing the measure the space between the snaps on my bubblebubs so the inserts can be used with both since they are the only ones I really use now!

Return to DIY and share your projects!